QB Luke McCaffrey [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will McCaffrey Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan
    • Ohio State
    • Stanford

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Pretty solid QB #2 on day one. And it only took Martinez 3 quarters to go down for a full game this year, so hopefully that gives McCaffrey some encouragement to stick it out. 

McCaffrey knows the plan is to RS and develop behind AMart, it's actually one of the things he was excited about.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

On his recruiter, quarterbacks coach Mario Verduzco: “I don’t have a perfect way of describing him, but I think he looks at the game in a very similar way that I like to look at, just from a technique and strategy standpoint. I think he’s awesome. The perfect amount of crazy, and the perfect amount of enthusiasm and just everything you want in a coach.”

On all the positions he’s played in high school football: “My freshman year I played quarterback on JV and then I was a backup safety on varsity and returned kicks. And then sophomore year, I did a little bit of everything. I played kick return, punt return, receiver, quarterback, running back, safety, cornerback. Last year I was mainly a quarterback, then got in a few plays at receiver, but mostly just for trick plays, and stuff. And I played cornerback and safety a little bit as well. And this year quarterback.”

LJS

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm of the mind that if we're going to have him at QB, he needs to be at QB exclusively. 

I agree. I think we are bringing in enough athletes and we need to build solid depth behind Martinez. It would benefit McCaffrey the most if his time was focused on being trained as a QB. As well as benefit Nebraska so if in the future Martinez would get hurt- we could have some solid depth.