DE Steven Hawthorne [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

10 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Hawthorne Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Illinois
    • Syracuse

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Steven hawthorne

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

School: De La Salle institute

Position: Defensive End

Height: 6-3

Weight: 210

40 Time

Offers: Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Toledo, Western Michigan

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #952 Overall; #61 WDE; .8477; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #48 WDE; :star:star:star 
247: #70 WDE; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Sounds like interest is picking up. Would like to land this guy. Another recruit I feel is vastly underrated at this time and would be nice to get in early 

I hear ya. But here we go again- if this kid commits we will have all the guys coming out of the wood work. "We will never compete with ohio state if we take low 3 star guys". Then later in the cycle when they get boosted to a .91 kid everyone will say what a great job by Frost spotting this kid. 

34 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Sounds like interest is picking up. Would like to land this guy. Another recruit I feel is vastly underrated at this time and would be nice to get in early 

Not really to your first part. 

Visited Illi in April. Just visited Northern Illi. Has no other visits planned. Is waiting to see what other offers come.

All had to say about Neb is basically we have a good fan base. Didn't mention talking to any of the coaches or anything like that. Spoke much more about Illi and what their coaching are telling him.

Doesn't sound like we are really in contact or pushing at all. Likely down our board a ways, as he should be. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not really to your first part. 

Visited Illi in April. Just visited Northern Illi. Has no other visits planned. Is waiting to see what other offers come.

All had to say about Neb is basically we have a good fan base. Didn't mention talking to any of the coaches or anything like that. Spoke much more about Illi and what their coaching are telling him.

Doesn't sound like we are really in contact or pushing at all. Likely down our board a ways, as he should be. 

I was told we reached out. Not saying he is anywhere to being on commit watch, but we have interest 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I was told we reached out. Not saying he is anywhere to being on commit watch, but we have interest 

I see. His article/quotes today sure don't seem like there is anything building.

Still much better prospects with serious interest in Neb. 

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I see. His article/quotes today sure don't seem like there is anything building.

Still much better prospects with serious interest in Neb. 

Plus until Brian Christopherson and the other 247 boys tell me he is good by bumping his star rating I dont want him. Who cares what Frost and Co. think. 

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plus until Brian Christopherson and the other 247 boys tell me he is good by bumping his star rating I dont want him. Who cares what Frost and Co. think. 

The staff is actively visiting other DE prospects at their schools and bringing them to Lincoln on visits. Attempt to convince yourself whatever you want, but those are facts and what I posted earlier was a summary of direct quotes from Hawthorne.

Newsome, Robinson and Townsend are a heckuva group we are seriously in the mix for. 

47 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

The staff is actively visiting other DE prospects at their schools and bringing them to Lincoln on visits. Attempt to convince yourself whatever you want, but those are facts and what I posted earlier was a summary of direct quotes from Hawthorne.

Newsome, Robinson and Townsend are a heckuva group we are seriously in the mix for. 

I think as of now Robinson and Newsome have the bodies for a 3-4 DE that we are looking for. I like the athleticism of Townsend and Hawthorne as they are more rush ends at this time. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I think as of now Robinson and Newsome have the bodies for a 3-4 DE that we are looking for. I like the athleticism of Townsend and Hawthorne as they are more rush ends at this time. 

Yeah many players listed as a WDE are going to be better fits as OLB's in the 3-4. This kid is listed at 220 so I imagine he'd have to put on about 50-60 pounds to play DE in a 3-4.

• Mavric changed the title to DE Steven Hawthorne [Cincinnati - Signed LOI]