Eligible Transfers 2018

3 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Not sure if mentioned bur he is from Hastings.

He seemed to ramp up at UTSA.. Started the season around 10 minutes a game and then as the season went on he was getting close 25 minutes a game.

Got 33 points against Rice on 8/19 from 3. But also shot 1-14 from 3 against Marshall.

My concern is he seems to be a volume shooter. Not sure if he can play this year or would have to sit out a year?

I'm too lazy to look, however as long as Marshall isn't on our schedule and Rice is i'm all for him.

57 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I'm too lazy to look, however as long as Marshall isn't on our schedule and Rice is i'm all for him.

I guess my point was more the dude will shoot, shoot and shoot a bit more. 

Now if we can get him in here to only take a few shots 5-6 a game, then he can replace a guy like Gill.

But if we have to worry about him jacking up 10 Threes in 19 minutes...He better be making them. 

But I agree.. Lets stay away from Marshall :)

4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I guess my point was more the dude will shoot, shoot and shoot a bit more. 

Now if we can get him in here to only take a few shots 5-6 a game, then he can replace a guy like Gill.

But if we have to worry about him jacking up 10 Threes in 19 minutes...He better be making them. 

But I agree.. Lets stay away from Marshall :)

Just having some fun with those numbers :)

I'm with you - the guy needs to buy into what he is need for and it isn't to be the lead shooter every game.  Part of what made the 2014 team good was that RG was a threat to make a 3 - now if i remember correctly he didn't have a great year, however teams knew he had the potential. 

That guy may already be on the team and just needs to step up.  It would be nice to see a GT come in for one year that could light it up from outside or a big down low.  I haven't looked in depth at who else might be available, but typically it's easier for a team of our level to find a quality shooter than it is to find a quality big (there just aren't that many of them from the start).

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Has to sit out a year to play a year.... 

Not sure how fond I am of that but we are going to have some massive holes to fill after this season, so I am all on board.

Only question is with the addition of Dachon Burke, not sure if we would need another off-guard.

I think with Allen and Harris also potentially being hybrids between a 1/2 guard, we might want to look for a true 1.

That being said if he wants to be here, i have no problem rolling with 3 guards.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Has to sit out a year to play a year.... 

Not sure how fond I am of that but we are going to have some massive holes to fill after this season, so I am all on board.

Only question is with the addition of Dachon Burke, not sure if we would need another off-guard.

I think with Allen and Harris also potentially being hybrids between a 1/2 guard, we might want to look for a true 1.

That being said if he wants to be here, i have no problem rolling with 3 guards.

yup I basically look at it as locking in a grad transfer for next year a year in advance with the added bonus he'd get to practice with the team for a year. 

No guarantees with the young guards on the roster now. Its Watson and Allen and then essentially a bunch of unproven guys. Burke obviously has experience just not at the B1G level. 

With how people transfer in college basketball it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lock up an experienced guard that averaged 15 a game. I'd rather use the scholarship on Chang but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to add in another guy you know can score.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

yup I basically look at it as locking in a grad transfer for next year a year in advance with the added bonus he'd get to practice with the team for a year. 

No guarantees with the young guards on the roster now. Its Watson and Allen and then essentially a bunch of unproven guys. Burke obviously has experience just not at the B1G level. 

With how people transfer in college basketball it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lock up an experienced guard that averaged 15 a game. I'd rather use the scholarship on Chang but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to add in another guy you know can score.

Next year it would just be Allen. Watson graduates after this season.

• 5 months later...

This is an incredible article on Teddy Allen and all he has been through and I would highly suggest reading it. But I thought I would share this as well: 

Once Teddy got his transfer release from West Virginia last spring, Ballantyne’s reached out to Nebraska and Creighton. Neither was interested. The search was on to find a school within driving distance of Boys Town that would be willing to create a mental health plan for Teddy. Blomenkamp and Teddy’s grassroots coach both honed in on Wichita State. “Both of us said Wichita State is No. 1 based on things we heard about their program and just the structure and accountability,” Blomenkamp says.

https://theathletic.com/655275/2018/11/15/this-comes-first-teddy-allen-wants-to-play-basketball-again-but-hes-at-wichita-state-for-his-mental-health/

• Plus1 1
  • 7 months later...