RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Grayson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric pinned this topic

My thoughts:

More impressed with his film than I expected to be based on his ratings

Was a 10.8 100 meter guy as a freshman.  Doesn't appear blindingly fast on film but that's pretty good for a guy now pushing 200 pounds

Tougher runner than I expected for a guy that fast

Would like to see more elusiveness - not a dynamic cutter.  But also missed his sophomore season with a broken ankle so perhaps between that and being a speed guy he hasn't had to develop his cutting ability that much.

• Plus1 3

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My thoughts:

Was a 10.8 100 meter guy as a freshman.  Doesn't appear blindingly fast on film but that's pretty good for a guy now pushing 200 pounds

Would like to see more elusiveness - not a dynamic cutter.  But also missed his sophomore season with a broken ankle so perhaps between that and being a speed guy he hasn't had to develop his cutting ability that much.

I watched the first play of his Junior highlights and stopped. Grayson sprinted pass a guy that was in a full gallup about 2 yards ahead of him with a good angle. All the evidence for speed you need right there.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I watched the first play of his Junior highlights and stopped. Grayson sprinted pass a guy that was in a full gallup about 2 yards ahead of him with a good angle. All the evidence for speed you need right there.

First, forming an opinion based on one example is a bad plan, anywhere in life.

Second, I'm not sure I'd classify that as "sprinted pass [sic] a guy".  He out-ran him by roughly 4 yards over 50.  He was faster, but not drastically faster.

Third, it depends on how good/fast that other player was.  If he was a five-star guy, I'm sold.  If he's a run-of-the-mill high schooler, that's not saying much.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My thoughts:

Staff did ask Bell to try and outrun guys rather than cut them up so maybe they aren't as concerned about it in this system as others may be.

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

First, forming an opinion based on one example is a bad plan, anywhere in life.

Second, I'm not sure I'd classify that as "sprinted pass [sic] a guy".  He out-ran him by roughly 4 yards over 50.  He was faster, but not drastically faster.

Third, it depends on how good/fast that other player was.  If he was a five-star guy, I'm sold.  If he's a run-of-the-mill high schooler, that's not saying much.

I agree with all of your points. I was being hyperbolic to make the point that he looks fast on film. That first play was pretty sweet though.

The guy has excellent speed.   Watch the highlight films.   He takes plenty of plays from deep in the backfield to the races within about 15 yards past line of scrimmage.  Best attribute is his quick, decisive cuts and no stutter stepping and dancing around.  He cuts enough and runs by people and cuts both directions.   He is a dam fine RB and will compete to play as a freshman I suspect.  There are couple more on the board out there that we need to pursue with all deliberate speed as well.   But he's as good as any we have on the team right now I'd say.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]