RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Grayson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

My thoughts:

More impressed with his film than I expected to be based on his ratings

Was a 10.8 100 meter guy as a freshman.  Doesn't appear blindingly fast on film but that's pretty good for a guy now pushing 200 pounds

Tougher runner than I expected for a guy that fast

Would like to see more elusiveness - not a dynamic cutter.  But also missed his sophomore season with a broken ankle so perhaps between that and being a speed guy he hasn't had to develop his cutting ability that much.

Thanks Mav!

For seeming to be a small guy, he certainly ran through a lot of tackles.  For those who would short him on cutting he at least fights through the tackle.  To me, I saw some Barry Sanders but with less shiftiness (like who could equal Sanders on that).  He runs low and seems to have the power in his speed to at least break tackles at this level.  

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think he's saying we need to do better than low-three-star players.  So either he needs to actually be better than what he is rated now or Frost needs to find other targets.

Exactly.

His injury likely plays a role in his current ranking.  However, if he settles in as a low-three star player during his senior year, Frost needs to find a better target.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly.

His injury likely plays a role in his current ranking.  However, if he settles in as a low-three star player during his senior year, Frost needs to find a better target.

Don't care what rating he ends up this Kid can fly and will fit this offense great.   I will take held and frost opinion over nate clouse and the rivals crew.  

• Plus1 4
Just now, swmohusker said:

Don't care what rating he ends up this Kid can fly and will fit this offense great.   I will take held and frost opinion over nate clouse and the rivals crew.  

I totally get it and I pretty much agree but in the end we know that for the most part teams with higher ranked kids end up having pretty good seasons.  I know that there are some exceptions to that but not every kid Frost finds is a diamond in the rough and not every 4 and 5 star ranked kid is a stud.  But more times than not it seems like the top 5 teams in the country at the end of the season have usually recruited really well.

In regards to his rating... he won't be the only RB we take this class so it's not like we are leaning on him to be a 3 year starter here. He will still need to beat out guys like Maurice Washington, Jaylin Bradley, and Miles Jones - along with who else we take in this class. The kid has speed which we lack right now so we are more than okay with this pick up. 

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I totally get it and I pretty much agree but in the end we know that for the most part teams with higher ranked kids end up having pretty good seasons.  I know that there are some exceptions to that but not every kid Frost finds is a diamond in the rough and not every 4 and 5 star ranked kid is a stud.  But more times than not it seems like the top 5 teams in the country at the end of the season have usually recruited really well.

This kids ranking will end up a really high 3 star of a low 4 star.  I don't care what he is ranked right now, and if he doesnt raise his ranking much it really doesnt change my opinion of what we got here with Grayson.  Already holds offers from Tenn, TTech, and Syracuse.  I bet it isnt long before some more of the big 12 hops in and offers. Grayson will be the only RB we will take  in this class, hopefully the other is Breece Hall out of KS.  Feel better about our RB room in 3 months with Frost than I did under 3 years of Riley.  

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

This kids ranking will end up a really high 3 star of a low 4 star.  I don't care what he is ranked right now, and if he doesnt raise his ranking much it really doesnt change my opinion of what we got here with Grayson.  Already holds offers from Tenn, TTech, and Syracuse.  I bet it isnt long before some more of the big 12 hops in and offers. Grayson will be the only RB we will take  in this class, hopefully the other is Breece Hall out of KS.  Feel better about our RB room in 3 months with Frost than I did under 3 years of Riley.  

Shoot, 3 years of Riley was enough to make me almost not want to watch football ever again!

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think he's saying we need to do better than low-three-star players.  So either he needs to actually be better than what he is rated now or Frost needs to find other targets.

I trust in the staff's ability to find runningback talent. I believe when we offered Maurice Washington before everyone else he was like a high .87 kid or something. Then 2 weeks later he goes to all american game blows up- everyone offers and he jumps up to a .92 kid. Frost and Co saw the .92 kid when they offered. Everyone else saw it after the all star game. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]