RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Grayson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

This kids ranking will end up a really high 3 star of a low 4 star.  I don't care what he is ranked right now, and if he doesnt raise his ranking much it really doesnt change my opinion of what we got here with Grayson.  Already holds offers from Tenn, TTech, and Syracuse.  I bet it isnt long before some more of the big 12 hops in and offers. Grayson will be the only RB we will take  in this class, hopefully the other is Breece Hall out of KS.  Feel better about our RB room in 3 months with Frost than I did under 3 years of Riley.  

WE NEED BREECE. Would be a very solid running back class if we locked down Hall and Grayson.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I wonder why Oklahoma and Oklahoma St haven't offered.

If you were a Sooner fan, my guess is you are rather salty about this commitment. I mean we are debating about an Iowan native potentially not committing to Nebraska, and people are upset about that. This has the feel of a Bryson Williams situation --- low rated in-state prospect going to another Power 5 school without the in-state school making an offer (or in Bryson's case, a very late offer, though there is plenty of time for either Oklahoma school to offer Grayson).

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I wonder why Oklahoma and Oklahoma St haven't offered.

My opinion:

OklaSt will come calling. Now he might say thanks but no thanks, and they don't technically offer. But the interest will be there. 

OU is recruiting at a different level right now. 6 days ago they had the #2 APB decomit, so they likely were set on just taking him. They only have 1 offer out to a 3star RB and he's a borderline 4star Okla kid, the rest of their offers are to 4/5stars.

Edited by Warrior10

Obviously he's a low star rating, but keep in mind there are a lot more to players than the amount of stars a random internet site gives them. Keep in mind Chip Kelly was one of SF's influences and Chip was/ is much more about picking people with potential that he sees dispite what other people may or may not think, so we may see more recruits like this

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also he may have a specific role in our offense that makes him a .98 player in our scheme with his speed. But put him in the USC offense and maybe he is a .84 impact type guy. Look at the kind of impact killins had at UCF- he would not have that kind of impact in other schemes. 

I think we can all agree that we hope you're right. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also he may have a specific role in our offense that makes him a .98 player in our scheme with his speed. But put him in the USC offense and maybe he is a .84 impact type guy. Look at the kind of impact killins had at UCF- he would not have that kind of impact in other schemes. 

Works for Wisconsin. If the have the coaches and culture in place, you should be able to recruit to your system and maximize that talent (regardless how the player projects to other systems). Frost had some good mentors to model this to him and seemed to have this philosophy working at UCF. We will see if it works here.

14 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Works for Wisconsin. If the have the coaches and culture in place, you should be able to recruit to your system and maximize that talent (regardless how the player projects to other systems). Frost had some good mentors to model this to him and seemed to have this philosophy working at UCF. We will see if it works here.

I’m not disagreeing with this system AT ALL, but on the other hand how many National Titles has Wisconsin won doing this?

There are some pretty compelling arguments that you need more high end talent this day and age to win it all more times than not.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I’m not disagreeing with this system AT ALL, but on the other hand how many National Titles has Wisconsin won doing this?

There are some pretty compelling arguments that you need more high end talent this day and age to win it all more times than not.

Fair, but high-end talent commits to Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida St, USC, Ohio St, and a few others. Everyone else needs to get the next-level guys and coach them up within their system. It is a model for success that makes sense for a place like Nebraska which will never recruit in the Top 5 year after year.

• Mavric changed the title to RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]