JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Awesome. Well as far as Bland goes. Looks like a great pickup. #2 JUCO guard. All American 2 years ago and redshirted last year. I am not an expert so is that normal that a guy is an all american and then redshirts? Just curious why he didnt go to college after his all american year?

They can only leave after one year if they were an academic qualifier out of high school. If they didn't qualify, they have to graduate from the JUCO to be eligible.

So I would guess he redshirted so he had another year to play at the D-1 level.

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

247 has him listed for the class of 2018 along side Woodyard, Honas, etc

247 has him as Class of 2019

My note from when he was offered said he will play this fall, graduate in December and have two years to play after that.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My note from when he was offered said he will play this fall, graduate in December and have two years to play after that.

My speculation is he was possibility trying to graduate early and be a 3 for 3 guy, but was unable to do that so he'll end up being a 2 for 2 recruit.

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think they just moved him to the 2019 class page because I was just looking for him and he was on the 2018 page just below Deontai Williams