JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Word is his has some work to do in the classroom to be able to graduate next month.  He seems confident that he'll get it done but judging by the coaches apparently lack of plans to visit him at this point I'm not sure they are as confident.

Eerily similar to them not visiting Mapieu last year.

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is his has some work to do in the classroom to be able to graduate next month.  He seems confident that he'll get it done but judging by the coaches apparently lack of plans to visit him at this point I'm not sure they are as confident.

Eerily similar to them not visiting Mapieu last year.

Does it come down to the staff wanting him here for Spring and if not, moving on? 

10 minutes ago, theknife said:

Does it come down to the staff wanting him here for Spring and if not, moving on? 

I really think they truly prefer mid year JUCOs obviously as we have passed on several OT prospects because of this. I really hope Desmond gets it taken care of because he can help immediately if he makes it in the Spring. 

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I really think they truly prefer mid year JUCOs obviously as we have passed on several OT prospects because of this. I really hope Desmond gets it taken care of because he can help immediately if he makes it in the Spring. 

This staff obviously takes the off season strength training very seriously.  I could see them not being as interested in a JUCO OT that doesn't get here till summer simply because of the fact he wouldn't have the time in the weight room to get the benefit he needs to contribute next fall.  This attitude could be different for other positions.

Alright, this is frustrating.  Forgive my ranting here, but just exactly how hard is it to get through the bare minimum academic requirements at a stinkin' JUCO, for crying out loud.  Were academics the reason he's in a Juco to begin with?  If so, and there is still an issue after a "second chance", then how is he going to get through the academics at a more stringent college/university?

3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Alright, this is frustrating.  Forgive my ranting here, but just exactly how hard is it to get through the bare minimum academic requirements at a stinkin' JUCO, for crying out loud.  Were academics the reason he's in a Juco to begin with?  If so, and there is still an issue after a "second chance", then how is he going to get through the academics at a more stringent college/university?

if he graduates in May that means it took him 3 years to get to roughly 60ish credit hours for his associates degree. Full Time minimum credits are 12 per semester so 24 a year not counting any potential summer classes. So he has done the minimum possible credits each semester and done no summer work and failed a couple classes or he has done summer work and failed a few more classes

3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Academics were the reason he was at the JUCO. It's crazy, watching last chance U - you see exactly why those kids are at JUCO. Some figure it out, some think their talent alone will get them to where they need to go. The worst part it isn't aptitude, it's effort. If you are working hard to get good grades - the people at the JUCO will see it that you come through successful.

• Plus1 1