JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

There will likely be more/better academic support staff and resources.

The academic support at some JUCO's is less than what you would receive in high school. If a kid can make it out of a junior college they can certainly make it at UNL with the resources they will have available to them. 

Hopefully this kid can get it figured out and we see him in the spring. Would be a valuable asset to the roster. 

On 12/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Moiraine said:

There will likely be more/better academic support staff and resources.

And I didn't find that UNL classes were more difficult than metropolitan community college classes. That doesn't mean my experience is the typical one, though. But the thing is, all community colleges try to offer classes that people can transfer directly to universities, and those classes have to meet standards in order to transfer. That's how they get a lot of their students.

I actually did have 2 classes I took both places. One was special education (for teachers). I dropped it at MCC because they were asking me to do about 5x more work at MCC than I would have to do in the equivalent class at UNL, and I ended up being right. The class at UNL was a joke compared to the one at MCC. The other was Calculus, and I needed a refresher. Hard to judge this one since I'd already taken it before but I'm pretty sure the UNL version wasn't any harder or more work. I took 4 math classes at MCC (after 10 years off of any math) and they prepared me for everything I had at UNL. Again, it's just my personal experience, but I don't think junior colleges are a lot easier than public universities like UNL, especially if they have transferable courses.

Now that being said... I once tutored a guy at UNL who was taking intermediate algebra for the 3rd time. He seemed to be getting it and then he failed the first exam because he forgot to bring his calculator. Sometimes there's nothing you can do.

That all depends on your major. 

I took some some business classes at south east CC and the comparable classes at UNL were much harder and in depth. 

• 2 weeks later...

44 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Crazy how some of these kids let poor grades ruin their dreams (or at least delay them). School is not that hard, especially some (not all, I know some major in some impressive fields) of the stuff athletes major in.

He will have had 3 years to complete 60ish credit hours....level 100 and 200 courses only.....