JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is the coaches still want him here but won't take his signature until it's certain that he'll qualify.

Question.

Is the signing day next week the same for JUCOs like Bland as it is for HS kids?  It was a little different in December.  

How long can the staff wait to feel comfortable accepting his signature?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Question.

Is the signing day next week the same for JUCOs like Bland as it is for HS kids?  It was a little different in December.  

How long can the staff wait to feel comfortable accepting his signature?

I don't know for sure what the rules are for JUCOs.  HS guys can sign any time after February 6 - most everyone signs that day but you can sign any time after that.  And you don't actually have to sign at all.  You can just show up and enroll.

I don't know what his situation is for sure but the coaches can wait as long as they want.  The only risk the coaches run is he is free to go anywhere if he hasn't signed but that's completely up to them whether they want to take that risk or not so they're obviously willing to take that risk so I'm not sure I'd expect him to sign any time soon.

Munson tried to reach him last night and the person who answered said he had the wrong number. They haven’t been able to make contact with him in quite a while. All they know is he is not signing today however he will be kept on the commit list with an outside chance he makes it. Doesn’t look good at the moment though. 

• Plus1 2

I guess I kind of think it's more likely that he ends up here now.  He hasn't decommitted so it would seem that he wants to be here.  One way or another we ended up with spots left - we are currently at 85 spots without him so assuming even one guys leaves after this semester (which always happens) we have a spot to take him.

Both he and the staff seem content to wait.  If we would have told him we're not taking him he would have decommitted.  If he didn't like that we aren't letting him sign, he would have decommitted.  He would have had a lot more options if he would have decommitted a month ago and found somewhere else to go.  But that didn't happen.  So I think both sides really want it tow work out.

Just my $0.02

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I guess I kind of think it's more likely that he ends up here now.  He hasn't decommitted so it would seem that he wants to be here.  One way or anther we ended up with spots left - we are currently at 85 spots without him so assuming even one guys leaves after this semester (which always happens) we have a spot to take him.

Both he and the staff seem content to wait.  If we would have told him we're not taking him he would have decommitted.  If he didn't like that we aren't letting him sign, he would have decommitted.  He would have had a lot more options if he would have decommitted a month ago and found somewhere else to go.  But that didn't happen.  So I think both sides really want it tow work out.

Just my $0.02

I'd 100% take him given our situation. Not much to lose 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I guess I kind of think it's more likely that he ends up here now.  He hasn't decommitted so it would seem that he wants to be here.  One way or another we ended up with spots left - we are currently at 85 spots without him so assuming even one guys leaves after this semester (which always happens) we have a spot to take him.

Just my $0.02

That seems like a pretty spot on assessment of a strange situation.