JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I get the impression that it's basically down to whether he qualifies or not.

HOL guys not holding their breath.

You have to believe he is at least somewhat close right? Because if he wasn't he would be looking around to go somewhere where he can play. I don't have any outside sources and I am not saying he will qualify but I think he is close. However, we will have to wait and see if this happens. We will be fine without him, but Desmond can provide much-needed depth on the interior if he qualifies. 

3 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

You have to believe he is at least somewhat close right? Because if he wasn't he would be looking around to go somewhere where he can play. I don't have any outside sources and I am not saying he will qualify but I think he is close. However, we will have to wait and see if this happens. We will be fine without him, but Desmond can provide much-needed depth on the interior if he qualifies. 

Yeah, I said basically the same thing right after NSD.  He hasn't decommitted from us so it would seem he still wants to be here.  It would seem that the coaches haven't told him to look elsewhere (otherwise one would think he would have decommitted and looked elsewhere).  

So it seems to me that the most likely situation is both sides want it to work out but it won't be finalized until he completes this semester.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, I am I said:

Getting in so late  Suuuucks, if he does at all. 

Is is he good enough to crack playing time? He can’t redshirt, correct?

He redshirted already at AZ Western so he would have just 2 years regardless. Showing up late doesn't help his situation even if he does qualify. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...