JUCO OG Desmond Bland [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

14 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bland Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Hope the Bell departure doesn't effect this one. 

Unless you heard something, I'd doubt it. There's a clear need on the OL still, many more questions there than there were at RB when Bell signed. Also, and it can't be undervalued, Bland is a B1G kid at heart growing up in Chicagoland. Bell is a WC kid.

43 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Woodyard can probably still transfer. Has he played in 4 games?

The 4 games rule does not effect Woodyard's transfer status. It did not effect Tyjon or Bell's either.  

1 hour ago, Treand3 said:

Unless you heard something, I'd doubt it. There's a clear need on the OL still, many more questions there than there were at RB when Bell signed. Also, and it can't be undervalued, Bland is a B1G kid at heart growing up in Chicagoland. Bell is a WC kid.

I haven't, just a thought I had as I remembered them visiting/posting photos together.

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

The 4 games rule does not effect Woodyard's transfer status. It did not effect Tyjon or Bell's either.  

I haven't, just a thought I had as I remembered them visiting/posting photos together.

We only played 4 games, Bell and Tyjon both played in all 4. If they would have played in Wisky game they couldnt have transferred in season and used their RS. Tyjon is enrolled at Oregon St already. If Woodyard hasnt appeared in more than 4 games he can transfer in season and use his redshirt not?

1 minute ago, C N Red said:

We only played 4 games, Bell and Tyjon both played in all 4. If they would have played in Wisky game they couldnt have transferred in season and used their RS. Tyjon is enrolled at Oregon St already. If Woodyard hasnt appeared in more than 4 games he can transfer in season and use his redshirt not?

You're correct. 

The point Warrior is making is that games played has no impact on terms of ability to transfer. It affects their status and future eligibility, which is their choice to make - but they can leave whenever they want. 

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

You can RS this year at D-1. But you still have to sit next year. Unless you transfer to a school that is on quarters, such as Oregon St. I believe Tyjon had till Oct 7th to enroll at OSU, so I think he'll be eligible next year. 

Woodward could transfer and RS, but he'd still have to sit next year (unless he found a school with enrollment still open for fall).

• 1 month later...