well, the team has reached the half-way point of the season.  they are 2-4 in Big 10 play, 14-14 overall, and the potential for regional play is essentially out the window.  so much for the pre season pick of finishing #2 in the Big 10.  I think we all started to think this season would go down hill when they lost at home to Northern Colorado and Northwestern State.  anyway, one of the bright spots about this season has been the play of Scott Schreiber.  Dude knew what he was doing when he came back for his senior season.  Scott is hitting 0.389 and has 9 HRs already.  with the remaining schedule, it is not a stretch to think he could hit 0.400 for the season.  Scott's abilities at the plate are about the only thing that keeps me tuning into the games this year.

• Plus1 2

The season continues to go down the crapper, but after this weekend's series, Schreiber is batting 0.413 with 11 HRs.  I took a look at team statistics since 2000 and the last time Nebraska had a full time starter hit over 0.400 for the season was in 2001, which was still the era of the composite, aluminum bats.  Makes what Scott is doing at the plate this year all the more impressive.

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...