Spring Ball Video Recaps

I know its baseball season so there probably isn't anybody on this forum interested about football yet, but here is some boring Spring Football video. Apparently the Hooskers got a new coach, Steven Frust or something, who cares.

Edited by Mavric
Edited thread title
  • Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Glad to get glimpses inside practice but man that video was almost entirely a snoozefest.

I was prepared to argue with you on this point before I watched the video.... I've now watched it.... You were right:lol:

17 minutes ago, ADS said:

Should not have watched that work.

"Balls to the wall" get you in trouble?

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

Turns out, Scott Frost is bringing more than just his entire coaching staff from Central Florida. 

He's also bringing the branding campaign. 

On Monday, Nebraska debuted a four-minute documentary short that showed clips of the Huskers' first week of football practice. The video, which is titled "Episode 1: Expectations" mimics a series UCF produced called "Rise and Conquer."

During the springs of Frost's two seasons in Orlando, UCF released short clips of the team and coaching staff to introduce fans to their process. We wrote about what we learned from those videos a few months ago. 

Here are a few things we learned from the first episode of Nebraska's series:

LINK

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I'd like to think that the "treat every practice like a game" mantra that keeps showing up is just these coaches imploring everyone to get better.

I'm afraid that is part of the change in culture that is desperately needed.

Simple changes in culture can take a team a long ways.  Look no further than Brohm at Purdue for an example.  7 wins in his first year, good for 3rd place in the west, and had several close losses that nearly went their way.  (Contrast that with last place the year before) .  Just toughening that team up was good for a 5 win swing.  I would be thrilled if we could get a 5 game swing.  May even build a statue.

EDIT:  yeah, i know there was more to their improvement than just toughening up, but hopefully my point was still made.

Edited by Dilly Dilly
  • Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Simple changes in culture can take a team a long ways.  Look no further than Brohm at Purdue for an example.  7 wins in his first year, good for 3rd place in the west, and had several close losses that nearly went their way.  (Contrast that with last place the year before) .  Just toughening that team up was good for a 5 win swing.  I would be thrilled if we could get a 5 game swing.  May even build a statue.

EDIT:  yeah, i know there was more to their improvement than just toughening up, but hopefully my point was still made.

You're spot on, though. I think 'toughening up' can go towards a lot of different aspects of culture and manifest itself in some positive ways. It may not immediately lend itself to a huge swing in W/L but it also could mean the difference between a 5 win season and a 7 win season.

Hell, Loyola basketball made the Final Four this year. I'm fine with hoping they blow the top of this thing and get to 8 or 9 wins. Not expecting, just hoping.

• Mavric changed the title to Spring Ball Video Recaps