2018-2019 Season Notes

17 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Can the mods make a by-law that we don't talk about the 2018-19 season and only discuss the following year so that conversations can try to make a couple posters happy.

I completely agree. These Husker Hoops boards are getting to become nearly impossible to come to and read anymore because of the constant pessimism. We had a good year last year unexpectedly which should be cause for hope, and then now this year we return the main core of the team and the majority of outsiders pick us to continue that success and have another good year. This is as much optimism as there has been around the program in quite some time, and I think most people can clearly say this year's team is significantly different than the 2014-2015 team in that you can easily see the sustained success. But yet you come to this board and the majority of the talk is negative and looking past this year. Just enjoy what we have now and worry about the years after later. This is a good time to be a Husker Hoops fan.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always get to this time of year when it's getting cold and think....BB season should be starting.  Then....realize it doesn't start for another month.  :(

I came in here pretty pumped up for the season seeing all the hype and seeing that we are ranked pre season...etc.  Only to find out that some fans don't really want us to be good this year because it will mean we still have our coach.

:facepalm:

Huh?

I think all of us want to be good. We are just being logical in saying that Miles hasnt been that good of a coach.

I would gladly take an NCAA tournament win this year even if it meant 2 more years of Miles.

I love Tim Miles as a person. He just hasnt proven to be a consistent coach or good with Offensive X's and O's

18 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Can the mods make a by-law that we don't talk about the 2018-19 season and only discuss the following year so that conversations can try to make a couple posters happy.

I don't know about next year, but they will be AWESOME in the 2027/28 season.

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always get to this time of year when it's getting cold and think....BB season should be starting.  Then....realize it doesn't start for another month.  :(

I came in here pretty pumped up for the season seeing all the hype and seeing that we are ranked pre season...etc.  Only to find out that some fans don't really want us to be good this year because it will mean we still have our coach.

:facepalm:

I mean, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Although there were also the same accusations about 13 months ago with Riley so......

The main question that remains with Roby, though, is his health. The junior has been dealing with ankle and foot issues this offseason. He has been practicing, but had to sit out some drills. Coach Tim Miles said Roby has been dealing with plantar fasciitis, but Roby isn’t convinced that is what it is. His pain, he said, is in his heel.

“Whenever I take a step, I feel pressure,” he said. “Like deep in my foot. It’s weird.”

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/yes-isaiah-roby-knows-it-too-husker-has-nba-potential/article_aeba3f20-edaf-5746-be14-c980d224c010.html

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, pearljammer said:

I would gladly help build that statue as well. I think this is the year we get the NCAA tourney win, but sweet 16 appearance seems like a stretch

Honestly it is all about matchups. You just never know. You get the right matchups and all of a sudden you are in the elite eight if you have the right talent.

I just want to make the dance. From there, what happens, happens. 

Sounds like Allen is pretty set as the fifth starter.

Obviously our starting lineup should be pretty good but we're going to have to have some bench guys step up who haven't done much here yet.

Harris is the first guard off the bench, Akenten will play the wing and Borchardt will play down low.  Heiman will probably get a few minutes but that's about the extent of our bench.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like Allen is pretty set as the fifth starter.

Obviously our starting lineup should be pretty good but we're going to have to have some bench guys step up who haven't done much here yet.

Harris is the first guard off the bench, Akenten will play the wing and Borchardt will play down low.  Heiman will probably get a few minutes but that's about the extent of our bench.

I am starting to think that once conference play starts...this team will be the 5 starters and that is it...subs will be few and far between.

34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am starting to think that once conference play starts...this team will be the 5 starters and that is it...subs will be few and far between.

Yeah, looking at those options off the bench, I think it will have to be pretty sparing.  Unless someone really surprises.

Just now, Mavric said:

Yeah, looking at those options off the bench, I think it will have to be pretty sparing.  Unless someone really surprises.

I think you will see Miles try and steal some rests for guys right before a TV timeout...right before the half...If they get up 15-20 I could see him steal some rest time...