2018-2019 Season Notes

We have to play more guys if we want any chance to make a run in the conference tournament or NCAA Tournament. Amir Harris and Nana Akenten have shown me enough to get minutes on the floor. Borchardt can (and should) play in the right matchups. I know Tim likes to keep a short bench but these guys are clearly exhausted and its only going to get worse when we get into tournament play

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

We have to play more guys if we want any chance to make a run in the conference tournament or NCAA Tournament. Amir Harris and Nana Akenten have shown me enough to get minutes on the floor. Borchardt can (and should) play in the right matchups. I know Tim likes to keep a short bench but these guys are clearly exhausted and its only going to get worse when we get into tournament play

Harris looked like he was from a third world country; you can tell he lost significant weight.   I agree that these guys need to step up.

11 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Harris looked like he was from a third world country; you can tell he lost significant weight.   I agree that these guys need to step up.

yeah him getting sick may have set him back a bit. But we don't really have a choice. There's no way we can make it to the end of the season at the current pace

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

The eye test says that you are right on - almost every miss from range last night in the second half hit the front of the rim.  Hope TM knows what he is doing and has a plan for some rest at the top.

• Haha 1

Reminder the year we went to the tournament, we started 0-4 in the conference. 

I think, at times, this team puts too much pressure on themselves and starts forcing things or trying to make the big shot or big block. They are a really good team, KenPom says it, NET says it, opposing coaches say it, they look like a good team. 

Honestly, last night could have boiled down to a few of those in and out shots falling. That's unlucky. 

I think theyll go into Rutgers and put up a comfortable win, then pick up a few in a row. 

The Big Ten is really good this year, as shown in non conference play. It sucks that the year we have our best team, the rest of the conference is also on a high. If this were last year, we'd be flying through the conference schedule. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

The eye test says that you are right on - almost every miss from range last night in the second half hit the front of the rim.  Hope TM knows what he is doing and has a plan for some rest at the top.

I think we will continue to see more of Harris as he regains strength & endurance.  The real problem is that his outside shot is horrible.  You can tell in warmups that they are working on it because his shot looks a little different every game.

Nana will play more if his shot starts falling.  His defense is better this year, but still not where it needs to be.  If he's not scoring, he's too big of a liability on the other end to play much.

Tanner will play because he knows his role & is really good at it.  Any scoring they get from him is a bonus.

Heiman is the only other player who will get any playing time and most of it will be because Roby/Tanner/Copeland are in foul trouble.

It would be nice to get 30-40 minute per game from the four above, but it looks more like 20-25 is what Miles trusts them to play.

1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I think we will continue to see more of Harris as he regains strength & endurance.  The real problem is that his outside shot is horrible.  You can tell in warmups that they are working on it because his shot looks a little different every game.

Nana will play more if his shot starts falling.  His defense is better this year, but still not where it needs to be.  If he's not scoring, he's too big of a liability on the other end to play much.

Tanner will play because he knows his role & is really good at it.  Any scoring they get from him is a bonus.

Heiman is the only other player who will get any playing time and most of it will be because Roby/Tanner/Copeland are in foul trouble.

It would be nice to get 30-40 minute per game from the four above, but it looks more like 20-25 is what Miles trusts them to play.

All is true - the bug for Harris came at a tough time :(