Mavric

2018-2019 Season Notes

On 9/8/2018 at 11:27 AM, GBRFAN said:

AKA relax and get on board fans - things are happening

No he said it right the first time

With the dismal start to the football season, I'm starting to get excited for Nebrasketball this year. When was the last time we had two NBA draft prospects on the same team? I've only been following since I was a student (2010).

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

he wasn't going to play anyways this year but yikes. Best of luck on a speedy recovery to the young man. 

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

he wasn't going to play anyways this year but yikes. Best of luck on a speedy recovery to the young man. 

He may not have been ready to play, but this means he misses out on practicing against Copeland and Palmer. Possibly Roby if he has a big year.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yikes. I am not so certain he wouldnt have worked his way into the rotation and at least got some minutes.

He was just getting healthy from a hip injury so feel bad for the kid but also creates cause for concern that he cant stay healthy.

Redshirt him for the year and get 4 more out of him.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I am honestly scared of the hype. 2014 was such a letdown that I just have a hard time getting excited. 

I get this team is actually a lot better but Miles hasnt done well with target on back and teams actually getting amped to play them.

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I get this team is actually a lot better but Miles hasnt done well with target on back and teams actually getting amped to play them.

I think we might actually do pretty well this year.  Not sure we'll quite live up to all this hype, but pretty respectable.

Then there will be much "See, Miles just needed time" going around.

But then we'll lose almost everyone after this year.  And we'll see where we are after that.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I think we might actually do pretty well this year.  Not sure we'll quite live up to all this hype, but pretty respectable.

But then we'll lose almost everyone after this year.  And we'll see where we are after that.

Exactly. I honestly would just enjoy this year and then let Miles go after the season. It is the perfect time to hit reset.

I know if we have a good year that wont happen but we are going to be pretty light next year, so it is the perfect time to move on, plus maybe if you let Miles know that he can use the good year to go get another job.

I just dont think he can build a consistent product. 

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

we are so toast after this year. Gonna lose Palmer, Copeland, Watson, and Roby. 

Thor time baby. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

we are so toast after this year. Gonna lose Palmer, Copeland, Watson, and Roby. 

Thor time baby. 

Losing players happens to every team.  We will still have Burke, Allen, Akenten, Davis, Harris, Heinman some new comers.  I reserve my oh were going to be bad, until I see the improvement of these players this year.  Burke, Allen & Harris will be ok in the back court.  The question lies in our big men.

• Upvote 1

Can the mods make a by-law that we don't talk about the 2018-19 season and only discuss the following year so that conversations can try to make a couple posters happy.

I always get to this time of year when it's getting cold and think....BB season should be starting.  Then....realize it doesn't start for another month.  :(

I came in here pretty pumped up for the season seeing all the hype and seeing that we are ranked pre season...etc.  Only to find out that some fans don't really want us to be good this year because it will mean we still have our coach.

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Can the mods make a by-law that we don't talk about the 2018-19 season and only discuss the following year so that conversations can try to make a couple posters happy.

I completely agree. These Husker Hoops boards are getting to become nearly impossible to come to and read anymore because of the constant pessimism. We had a good year last year unexpectedly which should be cause for hope, and then now this year we return the main core of the team and the majority of outsiders pick us to continue that success and have another good year. This is as much optimism as there has been around the program in quite some time, and I think most people can clearly say this year's team is significantly different than the 2014-2015 team in that you can easily see the sustained success. But yet you come to this board and the majority of the talk is negative and looking past this year. Just enjoy what we have now and worry about the years after later. This is a good time to be a Husker Hoops fan.

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always get to this time of year when it's getting cold and think....BB season should be starting.  Then....realize it doesn't start for another month.  :(

I came in here pretty pumped up for the season seeing all the hype and seeing that we are ranked pre season...etc.  Only to find out that some fans don't really want us to be good this year because it will mean we still have our coach.

Huh?

I think all of us want to be good. We are just being logical in saying that Miles hasnt been that good of a coach.

I would gladly take an NCAA tournament win this year even if it meant 2 more years of Miles.

I love Tim Miles as a person. He just hasnt proven to be a consistent coach or good with Offensive X's and O's

18 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I don't know about next year, but they will be AWESOME in the 2027/28 season.

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I mean, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Although there were also the same accusations about 13 months ago with Riley so......

The main question that remains with Roby, though, is his health. The junior has been dealing with ankle and foot issues this offseason. He has been practicing, but had to sit out some drills. Coach Tim Miles said Roby has been dealing with plantar fasciitis, but Roby isn’t convinced that is what it is. His pain, he said, is in his heel.

“Whenever I take a step, I feel pressure,” he said. “Like deep in my foot. It’s weird.”

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/yes-isaiah-roby-knows-it-too-husker-has-nba-potential/article_aeba3f20-edaf-5746-be14-c980d224c010.html

• Plus1 1