GSG

*****Official 2018-2019 College Football Thread*****

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I saw that and it wouldn't surprise me.

But I also see that the report is from an Arkansas writer.  So it might be a huge case of sour grapes.

As I was saying...

I always enjoy the Red River shoot out.  Texas up 31-17 on OU at the start of the 3rd.  Wow.  Leaving for Madison shortly also.   Pretty cool day so far.  Hope Nebraska doesn't get embarrassed tonight!  Oh well.

• Plus1 1

Red River Showdown is the current name for the Shorttusks and Land Thieves game. It was a great game! I was surprised Texas played as well as they did.

Herman seems to have changed their soft culture. It took a couple years. Texas is never void of talent. They have changed a lot.

The gameday experience has dramatically improved in Austin. They put the students closer to the field and made more tickets available for students.

It's always pretty crazy in DFW on TX/OU weekend. This year is no different. I had a hell of time getting a tee time Friday for 2 players. Pretty much every golf course has a TX/OU themed event on the Friday before gameday.

1 hour ago, Lonestar_Husker said:

Red River Showdown is the current name for the Shorttusks and Land Thieves game. It was a great game! I was surprised Texas played as well as they did.

Herman seems to have changed their soft culture. It took a couple years. Texas is never void of talent. They have changed a lot.

The gameday experience has dramatically improved in Austin. They put the students closer to the field and made more tickets available for students.

It's always pretty crazy in DFW on TX/OU weekend. This year is no different. I had a hell of time getting a tee time Friday for 2 players. Pretty much every golf course has a TX/OU themed event on the Friday before gameday.

Was lucky enough to go to that game last year.  Amazing atmosphere, really glad they were able to get the Cotton Bowl locked up long term and didn't move it to Jerry World or go to H/H series.  Great unique atmosphere where it is with the State Fair and the split stadium at the 50.

• Plus1 2

Colorado has quietly put together a solid team this season.

Their game against USC this Saturday night should be a really good one. Would love to stay up and watch it in a good mood for once after we beat Northwestern!   :)

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Colorado has quietly put together a solid team this season.

Their game against USC this Saturday night should be a really good one. Would love to stay up and watch it in a good mood for once after we beat Northwestern!   :)

Yeah; looks like they're the real deal.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, MLB 51 said:

Seems like I write the same Diaco post every season on a different board.

And it's boring compared to memories of Brian Van Gorder.

Kansas firing coordinators part-way through a season where they are already only one win shy of having as many wins as any of their previous 8 seasons.

What a time to be alive.

Saw highlights of the florida game and dan mullen should at least be finned for what he did with an injured vandy player down on his sideline.

Totally unacceptable.

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Obviously heighten security... but is there really all that much the school can do if the crowd decides to rush the field? 

The Hilltoppers’ first field goal attempt fell short, but the defense had 12 men on the field, so they had a chance to re-kick, five yards closer. The second attempt also missed and Old Dominion’s Isaiah Harper caught the ball; he ran it back WKU’s 17-yard line and also drew a grabbing-the-facemask flag. Since the game can’t end on a defensive penalty, all of this set up a 26-yard field goal attempt by ODU’s Nick Rice, and he nailed it.

Deadspin (NSFW words in the link)