Grill and/or Smoker Recommendations

• 1 month later...

On 12/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, GSG said:

Anyone ever smoke meatballs? I'm thinking about smoking some meatballs and then throwing them in the crock pot (just to warm them) with a bourbon barbecue sauce for our potluck at work this Friday

I've smoked meat loaf before. Hamburger and ground meat really pick up the smoke flavor so it doesn't take very long.

51 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I've smoked meat loaf before. Hamburger and ground meat really pick up the smoke flavor so it doesn't take very long.

The meatballs turned out pretty good. I did 50/50 beef/pork. My sauce was kinda s#!tty at first but my gf swooped in and made it a lot better.

• 8 months later...

Well, I finally got me a pellet grill. Picked up a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Prime wifi. I think I'll be happy with it. Did the initial burn in on it yesterday and then grilled a steak on it. It seared pretty good. It will go to 550f but I did the steak at 475. Probably would go 525 to Max if do anymore steaks.

I've got a whole beef shoulder clod coming next Tuesday and planning on about a 18-20 hour smoke so we'll find out how she does. Figured I'd start it about 5PM on Friday and have it ready in time for the game Saturday. Good chance to test the wifi control overnight without having to go outside to see what's happening.

• Plus1 1