Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong

Zac Taylor vs Tommy Armstrong  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Roger Dorn said:

Zac Taylor is probably the best QB we’ve had in the last 15 years

At the very least, he was our most consistent and reliable QB, except maybe Ganz. Other than those two, we've had sooo many QBs that were like Jekyll and Hyde, 'what are we going to see this week?'

Edited by Toe
9 minutes ago, Toe said:

At the very least, he was our most consistent and reliable QB, except maybe Ganz. Other than those two, we've had sooo many QBs that were like Jekyll and Hyde, 'what are we going to see this week?'

TBH, those Jekyll and Hyde guys (mainly the last two before Lee) are the providers of most of the bright spots of the last 17 years. With the abysmal state of things, Taylor taking one 80 yards or a TA 99 yard YOLO has been about as good as its gotten round here since 2001.

Yes they provided bad moments as well, but the whole team has had bad moments repeatedly for a long time also.

• Plus1 2

Zac was a warrior who took the hardest hits I've ever seen a quarterback take. Tommy was a warrior who completely broke his body and still laid his broken body on the line every weekend for this team. 

Zac went from quite mediocre to Big XII Offensive Player of the Year. Tommy gave us four solid, respectable years, but wasn't much better his senior year compared to his freshman year.

Zac had a gutsy bowl win, but otherwise came up short in the biggest games in his short career (OU, Texas, Auburn). Tommy had a good bowl win, more bad losses, but more memorable clutch moments in a much longer career.

By the measurables, I'd take Zac, but by the heart and the entertainment factor I'd take Tommy.

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, Landlord said:

Zac was a warrior who took the hardest hits I've ever seen a quarterback take. Tommy was a warrior who completely broke his body and still laid his broken body on the line every weekend for this team. 

Zac went from quite mediocre to Big XII Offensive Player of the Year. Tommy gave us four solid, respectable years, but wasn't much better his senior year compared to his freshman year.

Zac had a gutsy bowl win, but otherwise came up short in the biggest games in his short career (OU, Texas, Auburn). Tommy had a good bowl win, more bad losses, but more memorable clutch moments in a much longer career.

By the measurables, I'd take Zac, but by the heart and the entertainment factor I'd take Tommy.

Well said.  Echos my sentiments.

14 hours ago, Boy of the Corn said:

Who do you take?

This is a hard one because they were both awesome.  My vote goes to Taylor.  He delivered that ball knowing he was going to get smashed, he did it over and over again, and put everything he had into each throw and they usually were on target.  And he came up here from Norman Oklahoma. to do it.  

• Plus1 1

Zac was the player that made the BC years 1/2 bearable.  He was a coach on the team and was one of my favorite all time QBs - just for his toughness, smarts on the field and having to make up for some of BC's play calling.  TA - every pass was an adventure but I admire his heart.