Jump to content
Mavric

DE Brant Banks [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Player: Brant Banks

Hometown: Houston, Texas

School: Westbury Christian School

Position: Offensive Tackle, Defensive End

Height: 6-7

Weight: 280

40 Time

Offers: Baylor, Nebraska

Visits: 6/11/18; 9/1/18 vs. Akron; 9/29/18 vs. Purdue

O8n7o.png

Twitter

 

247 Composite: #999 Overall; #86 OT; .8538; :star:star:star 

 

Rivals: #51 OT; :star:star:star 
247: #110 OT; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

 

Hudl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is here for an unofficial. Staff sees him as a DE which is surprising because the kid is 6’7 265 and seems solid as an OT.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Is here for an unofficial. Staff sees him as a DE which is surprising because the kid is 6’7 265 and seems solid as an OT.

 

 

It's because he played TE in addition to T for his team.  Kid has some wheels on him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

OV week 1.

That’s a big boy for DE. I assume he’s 2nd behind Robinson on our board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly behind Robinson, but now they'll have a bit more room scholarships. So taking both isn't out of the question I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Measureables and playing history seems similar to Matt Anderson. 6'7" 250-60 lbs TE converted to OT. I wonder what the difference is that the staff sees Anderson at OT and Banks at DE? Something Dave Ellis might have insights on in terms of projecting based on frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Certainly behind Robinson, but now they'll have a bit more room scholarships. So taking both isn't out of the question I would think.

I'd rather see those scholarships being used at a position other than DE if we get Robinson.

 

Robinson, Newsom, Piper, Wildeman, Rodgers would be enough in two classes, imo. 

 

Of course Piper moving to NT or Oline could change those numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'd rather see those scholarships being used at a position other than DE if we get Robinson.

 

Robinson, Newsom, Piper, Wildeman, Rodgers would be enough in two classes, imo. 

 

Of course Piper moving to NT or Oline could change those numbers. 

 

Think the coaches like him, despite the aforementioned. Don't think Piper will play DE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...