HuskerBoard Predictor  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Brant Banks

Hometown: Houston, Texas

School: Westbury Christian School

Position: Offensive Tackle, Defensive End

Height: 6-7

Weight: 280

40 Time

Offers: Baylor, Nebraska

Visits: 6/11/18; 9/1/18 vs. Akron; 9/29/18 vs. Purdue

Twitter

247 Composite: #1554 Overall; #130 OT; .8316; :star:star:star 

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #111 OT; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Is here for an unofficial. Staff sees him as a DE which is surprising because the kid is 6’7 265 and seems solid as an OT.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Is here for an unofficial. Staff sees him as a DE which is surprising because the kid is 6’7 265 and seems solid as an OT.

It's because he played TE in addition to T for his team.  Kid has some wheels on him.

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

OV week 1.

That’s a big boy for DE. I assume he’s 2nd behind Robinson on our board.

Just now, Ziebol said:

That’s a big boy for DE. I assume he’s 2nd behind Robinson on our board.

I would think so. 

Certainly behind Robinson, but now they'll have a bit more room scholarships. So taking both isn't out of the question I would think.

Measureables and playing history seems similar to Matt Anderson. 6'7" 250-60 lbs TE converted to OT. I wonder what the difference is that the staff sees Anderson at OT and Banks at DE? Something Dave Ellis might have insights on in terms of projecting based on frame.

59 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Certainly behind Robinson, but now they'll have a bit more room scholarships. So taking both isn't out of the question I would think.

I'd rather see those scholarships being used at a position other than DE if we get Robinson.

Robinson, Newsom, Piper, Wildeman, Rodgers would be enough in two classes, imo. 

Of course Piper moving to NT or Oline could change those numbers. 

58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'd rather see those scholarships being used at a position other than DE if we get Robinson.

Robinson, Newsom, Piper, Wildeman, Rodgers would be enough in two classes, imo. 

Of course Piper moving to NT or Oline could change those numbers. 

Think the coaches like him, despite the aforementioned. Don't think Piper will play DE.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Husker Fong Balls seem to be flying around.

Because I am sure someone will ask. No if we land Banks  does not mean we lost out on Ty Robinson. Fong still thinks we will get him and we are in a great position and he is high priority on our board.

• Plus1 3

With more schollies opening in December I’m okay taking a chance on this kid.  Could play OL or DL.

1 hour ago, ADS said:

With more schollies opening in December I’m okay taking a chance on this kid.  Could play OL or DL.

The versatility is intriguing. Still not convinced DE needs #'s that bad, but I'm sure the staff has a plan. 

27 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Would be good to get some commits rolling. It has been dead. But not gonna lie I wish it was Robinson coming back if we are taking a DE

They would take both. 

Liked his visit.  Really wanted to see a game so the family drove from Houston.

No other visits set as of now but he's looking to visit Virginia.

December graduate and early enrollee.

• Plus1 1

i'd rather see him at OT...hard to find someone with his size and skill set. Tired of those kids playing defense tbh 

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

i'd rather see him at OT...hard to find someone with his size and skill set. Tired of those kids playing defense tbh 

Same. I also don't see how he projects well as a DE either. If we take his commitment, fine, but Nebraska needs more guys like Robinson in the fold. DE is not a project spot in my eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Same. I also don't see how he projects well as a DE either. If we take his commitment, fine, but Nebraska needs more guys like Robinson in the fold. DE is not a project spot in my eyes. 

Like Casey Rogers last year?

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

Like Casey Rogers last year?

My opinion, I think Casey Rogers has more upside and is a much better athlete than Tate Wilderman, and I like Tate. I viewed Casey as a complete steal.

Watching Banks highlights and I see so much sloppiness and no real athleticism that jumps out to me. I do see the stature but its so obvious that he has an OT body. If you want to bring him in as an athlete, great. I wouldn't give him a schollie for DE.

He may possess the mental make-up that our staff is yearning for and those are factors we don't get to see. In the end, its my opinion based on what only I can see. I could be entirely wrong here.

• Plus1 2

Coaches from Boston College and Baylor have visited and he will be OVing there before the December signing day.  Expecting Frost and Dawson on Thursday.  Missouri and Virginia also in the mix.

Now up to 280 which is 30 pounds heavier than he was listed at in April.  Some of that is due to not playing basketball this year as he's an early enrollee.

Nebraska recruiting him at DE.  Everyone else sees him as an OT.

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Coaches from Boston College and Baylor have visited and he will be OVing there before the December signing day.  Expecting Frost and Dawson on Thursday.  Missouri and Virginia also in the mix.

Now up to 280 which is 30 pounds heavier than he was listed at in April.  Some of that is due to not playing basketball this year as he's an early enrollee.

Nebraska recruiting him at DE.  Everyone else sees him as an OT.

What are they seeing in his athleticism to project at DE?

23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

What are they seeing in his athleticism to project at DE?

Ask Dave Ellis, he's been around the block. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Is a Frost finger point double the strength of a Held finger point?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Is a Frost finger point double the strength of a Held finger point?

Someone needs to go through the pictures and create a spread sheet. What way is the finger pointed? Arm around the player or not? Color of hat? and then see if that correlates to  a commit or not. We need data folks. 

1 hour ago, Huskerzoo said:

Someone needs to go through the pictures and create a spread sheet. What way is the finger pointed? Arm around the player or not? Color of hat? and then see if that correlates to  a commit or not. We need data folks. 

To bad Scottyice got banned,he is just the guy for that 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I didn’t think he was committable right now 

Why wouldn’t he be?

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought someone on here said he was plan B behind a few other guys higher on the board 

247 said awhile ago Banks and Robinson are the top guys on our board for DE and both are a take at anytime. The backup plans that are starting to come forward are OLB position,CB, and OL

2 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

To bad Scottyice got banned,he is just the guy for that 

I laughed way to hard st this. My wife didn’t understand the joke. 

Had to be there I guess