26 minutes ago, Decked said:

Disagree. They originally wanted to play him at DE under Hughes (also our worst recruiter) where as he wanted to play TE. They finally told him he could play both it was too late and he was already slow played.   

It took months to get him to actually listen seriously to the pitch Riley was making, regardless of what the pitch was; he held the way he was recruited by Bo against Riley and the University. He was going to Iowa no matter what, or how many former players in Omaha were in his ear. 

Edited by Cdog923

What do you mean that Easton Stick would not have played over Armstrong?  Armstrong was a fine man, but he left in 2016 and was two years behind Stick. Easton took NDSU to another National  Championship in 2017 and will be the NDSU  quarterback in 2018. (By the way, this brilliant young man has now graduated before four years and is currently enrolled as a graduate student for his MBA.  What? You don't think we should have recruited a great back-up quarterback at Nebraska?  Frankly, I do not wish  to get into an elaborate  discussion regarding the merits of Armstrong  and Stick. I will only note that Easton is a real winner, with a current record of  34-3 and was the MVP of the National Championship game last year. Unlike Armstrong, who was not drafted into the NFL, the current expectations are that Easton will, indeed, be drafted at the end of the 2018 season. Let us always remember that Easton is, as far as the NDSU fan base is concerned, the completely acceptable replacement for the All-World quarterback Carson Wentz of the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.             

2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

hindsight is always 20/20, but while we're at it we should've recruited woodhead too! Golly, I bet history would've been completely different had we recruited those kids but had the same coaches.

Even in Texas, where there are a number of major universities, it is extremely important and obvious to recruit the “All-Texas” high school players. In Nebraska, where there is only one major university, it is obviously and completely essential to recruit the “All State” players.  There is no “hind sight” involved in this. To fail in this regard is virtually criminal! 

2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

hindsight is always 20/20, but while we're at it we should've recruited woodhead too! Golly, I bet history would've been completely different had we recruited those kids but had the same coaches.

3 hours ago, Swiv3D said:

Someone sounds a little biased.

Yes, I have my biassed toward a great Nebraska raised football quarterback who last beat Iowa in 2016 but who will never meet Iowa again, let alone Nebraska, because the ghastly poltroons of the Big Ten Conference Administration have decreed that they will no longer accept games with other members of the Division I NCAA which belong to the Football Championship Subdivision. Most college graduates in this country would call this totally despicable and un-American, but what to I know.       

On 4/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, Cdog923 said:

It took months to get him to actually listen seriously to the pitch Riley was making, regardless of what the pitch was; he held the way he was recruited by Bo against Riley and the University. He was going to Iowa no matter what, or how many former players in Omaha were in his ear. 

Prior to his offer in March, he told Daishon Neal he would be following him to Nebraska. Iowa showed more interest than us and that’s why they got him.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Pat West said:

Even in Texas, where there are a number of major universities, it is extremely important and obvious to recruit the “All-Texas” high school players. In Nebraska, where there is only one major university, it is obviously and completely essential to recruit the “All State” players.  There is no “hind sight” involved in this. To fail in this regard is virtually criminal! 

Texas is also a recruiting hotbed and Nebraska is not so you are making a terrible comparison. Guys get away sometimes, but you are acting as if they were D-1 talent out of HS and its an atrocity we didn't go after them. The fact is neither did anyone else at our level, thats why they are playing D-2 ball. If I had to guess Frost would have given Stick a preffered walk on offer not a scholarship offer, as he should. Stick has developed incredibly well, but he just flat out was not a D-1 scholarship athlete coming out of HS.

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, Pat West said:

With only 85 scholarships total and 25 per year, how does Nebraska offer all 22+ "All State" players every year?