POB...still in the QB room?

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Will be interesting, Frost said yesterday that he hopes NO ONE leaves...well then that means he will have to pull scholly's from Walk-ons, because we are over right now.

Conrad is the only former walk on that would be on scholarship.  Unless Keyan Williams was a walk on first?

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I was wondering about Barnett (I think that’s his name, OL from OK). Did he survive winter conditioning?

He's still listed

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost is hoping no one leaves, but he knows that people will leave.  He's not dumb.

Exactly.  And who really believes that he would care if someone who doesn't sniff time leaves?  POB would be 4th or 5th string and based on their model of giving them less reps, how useful is he anyways?  And if the argument is depth in case of injuries, that would mean 4 QBs injured in the same season.  Which would be a fluke and the season would be scrapped at that point anyways.  

• Plus1 1

From the jump, I get the impression that one of two things had to have happened. The first is that Frost and POB had talked about this back in winter. If things didn't shake up well,  POB was out the door. The other is that this was predetermined by the staff. They watched tape on all the guys, picked up demeanor, heard stories from players, got word back from Duval, and knew that POB had to go. I made mention of some things POB had to go through when he got to Lincoln and I stand by them. He really struggled to find a place on this team. Aside from that, Nebraska needed to cut three players and they knew QB was going to be an easy one. I wish POB all the luck in the world. 

For the staff to cut out so many reps halfway into spring practice, does tell me there was a motive. To say speed and athleticism is the reason he got limited reps, tells me it was premeditated. Why? Because they knew that a long time ago. This was the plan. 

Edited by Vince R.