POB...still in the QB room?

1 minute ago, sho said:

Me either, and he would not only lose the year he sits out, he would also lose an extra year of eligibility because he's transferring within conference.  Sitting out one year would cost him 2.  Not sure he'd be willing to do that.  Most likely he heads back west.

Yep.  My guess is that he heads back to Cali and plays at a CC so that he can get some actual playing time this year (he has barely played since leaving high school) and find a West Coast school for Spring 2019.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, he can go to a B1G school.  I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I know the Big 12 had a rule that you had to sit out 2 years if you transferred from another school in conference.  I don't know if the B1G has a similar rule, but I don't think it does.  If you look at a list of schools that fit his style, a lot of B1G would be on it:  Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin.

53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yep.  My guess is that he heads back to Cali and plays at a CC so that he can get some actual playing time this year (he has barely played since leaving high school) and find a West Coast school for Spring 2019.

Getting game experience and being QB1 even at a Juco seems to be useful for a lot of QBs and is probably what POB needs. 

• Plus1 2

Good for O'Brien, it was pretty obvious after seeing him in action last year that he does have some passing skills, but his skills don't match this new offense. So I wish him luck wherever he ends up. I rewatched his half against Minnesota the other day and even though he had a decent scramble or two he just wasn't remotely quick/fast enough for what we're going to be doing from now on. He seemed much closer to Lee than Milton in that regard. Better for all parties for him to go to a team that is a more comfortable fit!

51 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Getting game experience and being QB1 even at a Juco seems to be useful for a lot of QBs and is probably what POB needs. 

Yeah, and he could play right away at a JUCO.  The best thing might be to put some gawdy JUCO numbers this season. It would create a lot of options for him next year (2019) in coming back to Div. 1 ball.