POB...still in the QB room?

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

So, I’m a little unclear on the rumorville protocol. Does this mean that my rumor was likely well founded and confirmed? We’ll probably never know for sure but it sure seems the way this came about so quickly that there was likely more to it than just a depth chart issue or sudden, oddly timed, realization on POB’s part that he wasn’t cut out for this offense. I think I’ll keep paying attention to this sources info.

I think you're right that there's more to the story.  If you hear anything from your most accurate source and because rumorville vanished, you should probably post it here.  Politeness dictates not to pass along any dirt about POB but if Frost encouraged POB to leave, it would provide insight to how Frost and his staff operate, what they won't tolerate... etc., all of which would be reflected in who they recruit.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I think you're right that there's more to the story.  If you hear anything from your most accurate source and because rumorville vanished, you should probably post it here.  Politeness dictates not to pass along any dirt about POB but if Frost encouraged POB to leave, it would provide insight to how Frost and his staff operate, what they won't tolerate... etc., all of which would be reflected in who they recruit.

I posted this earlier, but Frost stated that the spring game performance will not be the deciding factor on who are the front runners moving forward.  The evaluations for spring are done by then.  Also said he'd sit down with each player and let them know exactly where they stand. He will also get their opinion as to their thoughts.

Not saying that Frost encouraged POB to leave, but no doubt this staffs BS meter is pegged at 0.  He has a monumental task to turn this ship around and allow any player to deviate from the plan wont stay long.  To this, I think it was Held who mentioned that in recruiting they will talk to anyone who knows the recruit in any capacity to get an accurate picture of who they (recruits) are.....

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm kind of wondering if he just doesnt trust it yet.  His surgeon reportedly said it's 100 percent better.

I hope this is the case, or maybe he is medically OK, but he just need to get it back in shape after not throwing for a year. I don't like the sound of a QB with a lingering shoulder injury.

10 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

So, I’m a little unclear on the rumorville protocol. Does this mean that my rumor was likely well founded and confirmed? We’ll probably never know for sure but it sure seems the way this came about so quickly that there was likely more to it than just a depth chart issue or sudden, oddly timed, realization on POB’s part that he wasn’t cut out for this offense. I think I’ll keep paying attention to this sources info.

For the time being, it will be fine to post what may have gone into Rumorville into the main football forum. If you want to start the thread title as "Rumor:" that would be OK.

Some members never used it and would still put rumors in here, or things would get posted in both areas. Some other members also weren't sure if it was a place only for Husker rumors or all sports related rumors. And, since it's not an overly popular forum and Nebraska's coaching search is finalized, we're going to try keep it off the main site for a while. :thumbs

10 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm kind of wondering if he just doesnt trust it yet.  His surgeon reportedly said it's 100 percent better.

I think this could certainly be a part of it all. The mental aspect of overcoming those injuries can be just as critical as the physical side.

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Didn't they look at his high school film and high school stats and see that he could run the ball?

Hardy har.

Obviously the coaches know what they’re doing. I didn’t even say he was a good fit for the offense. I said I don’t get why people think he’s slow.

Poke fun all you want, but if you can’t decipher between not being slow and running the offense better than the other three quarterbacks, that’s a you problem... and everyone else whose reading comprehension bottomed out while reading my post.

AE1548CC-C75B-48C8-A541-C62AD05B14B2.gif

• Plus1 3

Did anyone else find the clips from yesterday's practice report about POB leaving a little terse? The weekend at bernies qb coach kept saying "It's up to you guys to piece that together" and the OC starts off by saying he doesn't want to comment on it but adds "He just wasn't there, and we have to work with guys that are there...." 

No well wishes, no "he's a good kid with a bright future,..." or other typical coach speak. I read a statement from Frost that sounded more typical of what you hear when someone transfers, this one just feels different for me. Am I alone? 

And for the record I do look forward to watching him succeed elsewhere and wish him the best of luck.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Did anyone else find the clips from yesterday's practice report about POB leaving a little terse? The weekend at bernies qb coach kept saying "It's up to you guys to piece that together" and the OC starts off by saying he doesn't want to comment on it but adds "He just wasn't there, and we have to work with guys that are there...." 

No well wishes, no "he's a good kid with a bright future,..." or other typical coach speak. I read a statement from Frost that sounded more typical of what you hear when someone transfers, this one just feels different for me. Am I alone? 

And for the record I do look forward to watching him succeed elsewhere and wish him the best of luck.  

I will take "Grasping at Straws for $1,000, Alex"

• Plus1 8

5 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

I kinda chalk that up to it being the head man’s place to announce such matters. It’d be kinda odd if we find out from Mario Verduzco that a player who was expected to compete for a starting role was leaving.

Edited by Edison's Enemy
  • Plus1 2

@RunMickeyRun02 I think it just hadn't been officially announced when Verduzco was doing his interview. Like how they often don't announce major injuries right away, they try to at least let the family know directly first, rather than find out through the media.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Okay,  just me then, fine. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do you expect them to say?  The coaches are going to treat this as business-like as possible, and they have a big job to do.  They can't waste time trying to craft the perfect response to take into account a player's feelings.  The position coach is probably a little pissed that the player is quitting in the middle of spring practice, just because of his place on the depth chart.

21 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

It would suck pretty bad if he transferred to Wisconsin and then beat us.  :)

I think the days of Wiscy nailing it to the Huskers a rapidly coming to an end.  We've got a coach now who really knows what it should mean to be a Husker.

It is interesting to me after this latest casualty that Pelini and Riley both had QB graveyards, the difference being that Pelini burried the OTHER team's QB.