POB...still in the QB room?

10 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Did anyone else find the clips from yesterday's practice report about POB leaving a little terse? The weekend at bernies qb coach kept saying "It's up to you guys to piece that together" and the OC starts off by saying he doesn't want to comment on it but adds "He just wasn't there, and we have to work with guys that are there...." 

No well wishes, no "he's a good kid with a bright future,..." or other typical coach speak. I read a statement from Frost that sounded more typical of what you hear when someone transfers, this one just feels different for me. Am I alone? 

And for the record I do look forward to watching him succeed elsewhere and wish him the best of luck.  

I was rewatching the Verduzco interview last night and I would describe him as being squirmish rather than terse.  I think POB hadn’t told the coaches that he was transferring and just didn’t show up at practice. The coaches preference might have been that POB stayed to provide depth. Verduzco probably told POB on Wed where he was at on the depth chart and POB more than likely didn’t take it well so yesterday Verduzco wasn’t surprised that POB didn’t show up for practice. It was uncomfortable for the coaches since POB hadn’t told them his plans.

I'll admit saying something like "it's up to you guys to piece that together" is somewhat of an odd statement to make but, then again, I think Verduzco is... sort of a weird dude.

From Walter's perspective, I think what he's saying is 'look, I've got a team to coach and it's not my place to say why a player was or wasn't there today. That's Scott's job.'

• Plus1 5

It wasn't a football issue with POB but rather an attitude issue with him is what I was told this morning.  It's hearsay but apparently he wasn't liked much on the team because of his arrogance and attitude.   "Unity Council" at work is what was also mentioned.

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Tommy Frazier wasn't liked much by his team mates either.

Apples to oranges.

POB doesn't have Frazier's talent. Often times people will accept a cocky attitude if the person puts the money where their mouth is. Maybe it's not fair but it's pretty universal. If someone is awesome at their job and knows it and tells people what to do, it's much easier to accept it.

If all the QBs are pretty equal, the team is going to want the one they like the best. IF the rumor is true and POB has an attitude, he's not enough better than the other QBs to warrant it.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

It should go without saying, but, people will gloss over character flaws (like arrogance) if you perform at a high level and demand respect for your talents. That's true in sports and the business world.

• Plus1 1

Bottom line, Frost wants to turn the NU ship around.  Nothing that he and the staff has done/are doing should be a surprise to any fan and more importantly any player on the team.  He said on day that those who want to work will find this the most fun fun they've had playing football.  For those who dont want to work, this might not be the program for you.  Anyone who doesn't want to be here, I will still wish you well, but honestly, glad your gone. I'm tired of this team having players who think they are more important than the team and who dont want to put to put in the work and lay it all on the line for NU......Frost will not put up with anyone not 100% N.  I applaud him for this.  I hope it continues until every guy wearing the uniform feels the same way.

The above comments on the Unity Council speak volumes.  Players also getting sick and tired of getting their teeth kicked in a few games a year.  They are putting in the work and no lonegr tolerating those who are not (not saying POB wasn't putting in work just in the context of rumors). 

2 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

He had their respect though which is everything.  They knew who they wanted at quarterback when it was time to go to war so to speak.  POB hadn't done jack at Nebraska so coming in with an attitude was probably the wrong thing to do if that was the case anyway.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Enhance said:

I'll admit saying something like "it's up to you guys to piece that together" is somewhat of an odd statement to make but, then again, I think Verduzco is... sort of a weird dude.

From Walter's perspective, I think what he's saying is 'look, I've got a team to coach and it's not my place to say why a player was or wasn't there today. That's Scott's job.'

I think it was a timing (or mistiming) issue.  I think Verduzco thought the press release about Patrick asking for and being granted his release was supposed to happen before practice was over.  The first thing he said was something to the effect that I'm guessing you guys have heard about Patrick.  When the reporters said no, he then had to backtrack a little and say that POB wasn't at practice and he'll leave it up to the reporters to figure out why.

9 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Of course he will. He knows that transfer QBs get to start and keep the starting job no matter how many pick sixes they throw.

Chasing Riley will not help him

any. If Riley thought he was capable, he would have pulled his RS in 2016 and he only played in 2 games in 2017. 

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

It should go without saying, but, people will gloss over character flaws (like arrogance) if you perform at a high level and demand respect for your talents. That's true in sports and the business world.

Saban is snarky, and kind of an arse sometimes, but nobody at bama cares because he wins titles

8 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Hardy har.

Obviously the coaches know what they’re doing. I didn’t even say he was a good fit for the offense. I said I don’t get why people think he’s slow.

Poke fun all you want, but if you can’t decipher between not being slow and running the offense better than the other three quarterbacks, that’s a you problem... and everyone else whose reading comprehension bottomed out while reading my post.

AE1548CC-C75B-48C8-A541-C62AD05B14B2.gif

You done messed up A-A-Ron!

• Plus1 1