** 2018 Opponent Previews: Michigan State (Game 11) **

• 2 months later...

I just don't see Michigan State doing well in Lincoln this Saturday. They're out of the B1G East hunt, they have Rutgers left as their last game of the season (save for their bowl), and they only got six points against a very suspect Ohio State defense. 

Plus, we've kind of had Sparty's number ever since we joined, for whatever reason.  

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Most major odds sites currently show Michigan State sitting at 1.5 to 2.0 point favorites right now.

The B1G is pretty weird this year. And Michigan State is right in the middle of that weirdness. They're currently ranked #18, but they're 6-4. 

I think they’ll drop out of the CFP rankings tonight. Iowa and MSU dropped out of AP and Coaches polls

The weather looks rough for the game - cold and windy.  That didn't seem to bother us much last weekend but the Illinois defense was bad.  I'm betting the combination of weather and much better opponent defensively will slow us down a bit.  I still think we get ours... NU27 MSU 23