** 2018 Opponent Previews: Colorado (Game 2) **

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Man, that was awesome!

I love when they rip on how there is nothing to do in Nebraska...like those dorks are on the slopes 24/7 and on the hiking trails 24/7.

This actually drives me crazy.  Honestly, I can't imagine if I lived somewhere else where "there is more to do".....when would I do it?

So....they sometimes go to the mountains.  You know what???  I'm hanging out on my boat at the lake.  Actually....a lake in central Nebraska THAT'S FILLED WITH COLORADO PEOPLE BECUSE THEIR LAKES SUCK!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I would like to predict a larger margin of victory but based on these factors I'm going with 40-27 Huskers.

I think that's a good prediction.

I'd think our offense could average 10 points per quarter in this one. A 20-20 halftime tie wouldn't be surprising, with defensive adjustments in the second half allowing us to pull ahead and finish it out in the fourth quarter.

But...obviously I'd much rather run up the score and embarrass them.   :w00t

• Plus1 2

I love when they rip on how there is nothing to do in Nebraska...like those dorks are on the slopes 24/7 and on the hiking trails 24/7.

Even if they wanted to ski every day, they'd have to sit in traffic for three hours because I-70 backs up in both directions.

Also there's not much skiing in July and August :)

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This actually drives me crazy.  Honestly, I can't imagine if I lived somewhere else where "there is more to do".....when would I do it?

So....they sometimes go to the mountains.  You know what???  I'm hanging out on my boat at the lake.  Actually....a lake in central Nebraska THAT'S FILLED WITH COLORADO PEOPLE BECUSE THEIR LAKES SUCK!!!!

Hey Any good fish out in that lake, and extra room on the boat? And if so, can I join you buddy?  :lol:

On 9/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, FTW said:

You'll be over it soon. We've got the right leadership, a winning staff with a hard-nosed culture. I think Frost is right. This team was not a 4-8 team last year. And there is no reason we can't achieve higher than Wisconsin has. There's no reason we can't expect immediate success. 50+ new players joined this team to start that new winning tradition.

It's going to be tough and we have to be prepared for the dog fight with Iowa and Wisconsin every year. This year is no different. There's no time to sit back and prepare for the future, we have to win NOW, we have to go big or go home, period.

Mike Riley will become nothing but a flash in the pan in the annals of Nebraska history. I think these players have bought in 100% and have turned the page.

Did you mean "splash in the bowl"?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1