BTN's Dienhart's Priorities for Nebraska

I agree those are all three very important items but I think 'playing with heart and tenacity for 4 quarters, every snap" would be my first concern.   It the guys do that, we'll have a winning season.   The number of wins after that will come down to luck, injuries, and playing smart and confidently.   

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I agree those are all three very important items but I think 'playing with heart and tenacity for 4 quarters, every snap" would be my first concern.   It the guys do that, we'll have a winning season.   The number of wins after that will come down to luck, injuries, and playing smart and confidently.   

I agree.  Dienhart is right from a offense and defensive standpoint but Nebraska's issues have ran deeper than that imo.  Of course I think those issues have largely been addressed by the replacement of the prior staff's and especially with the hiring of this one.

Edited by suh_fan93

I actually think he's backwards...

1. Trench play.

2. Fix the defense.

3. Find a QB.

Because if we don't improve the OL play drastically, it doesn't matter who the QB is.  And if the DL doesn't get better, we'll probably be just as bad az last year.

If we don't fix the defense and significantly raise the rankings in the 4 major defensive categories that means we'll be allowing lots of yards and points to opponents.  And our opponents gaining lots of yards and scoring lots of points typically leads to losses. 

• Plus1 1

Looking back, I'd say that the weakest area of the team the past decade, overall, has been the O line.   Thereis so much room for improvement it would not surprise that the most improvement likely will come there.  The question is will they go from a "D- to a C- or better?    To win more than 8 games, we need atleast a B-.   That would be quite remarkable and Austin would deserve a heck of a bonus.   

The hope is of course that there is improvement across the entire team.   Being in physical shape and mentally ready is to be expected.   This WILL help.  Time will tell. 

I don’t want to pee in anyone’s Cheerios, and I’ll be listening to Greg Austin today during small group sessions at the Clinic, but, is it not ironic that one of the players included in the last decades “weakest” area of the team is now leading our OL?

disclaimer: I really believe in this whole staff including Austin. I just thought it was funny. Obviously great coaches didn’t have to be great players

45 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

I don’t want to pee in anyone’s Cheerios, and I’ll be listening to Greg Austin today during small group sessions at the Clinic, but, is it not ironic that one of the players included in the last decades “weakest” area of the team is now leading our OL?

disclaimer: I really believe in this whole staff including Austin. I just thought it was funny. Obviously great coaches didn’t have to be great players

He's still better than Cav. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I've watched pretty much all of Austin's interviews and I don't recall any of this.

There’s been other tweets as well stating that the OLine didn’t have a very good day. I saw one tweet that they had their best day, which was encouraging because it came off a string of a couple bad days.

Schaefer also mentioned that they were sluggish and sloppy when he got to view them.