Spring Game Attendance Tracker

10 hours ago, Landlord said:

I don't think that's true. If it was, the attendance numbers from every home game would be remarkably close/similar, because every game has the same amount of tickets sold and every game has roughly the same amount of opposing players/coaches, security workers, concession workers, etc.

Yet our attendance numbers vary from 89,000 through 91,000 

It varies because I believe they count sold tickets plus everyone else in the stadium (media, players, team staff, etc).

Do you think there were 90k people there for the Northwestern or Iowa games last year?

Edited by Red Five
4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It varies because I believe they count sold tickets plus everyone else in the stadium (media, players, team staff, etc).

Do you think there were 90k people there for the Northwestern or Iowa games last year?

I believe the opposing team ticket sales is the biggest variable

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

What I'm saying is that the sold ticket number is the same for every game (if we sell them all out, right?), and the number of non-ticketed people there (media, players, team staff, etc.) does not vary by 1,000+ from game to game. 

I don't venture to say if the Northwestern game did or didn't have 90k people, but per this picture and this video I don't have any reason to doubt that the attendance reported was an accurate count of people present:

northwestern-v-nebraska-09a768c2579a81da

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What I'm saying is that the sold ticket number is the same for every game (if we sell them all out, right?), and the number of non-ticketed people there (media, players, team staff, etc.) does not vary by 1,000+ from game to game. 

I don't venture to say if the Northwestern game did or didn't have 90k people, but per this picture and this video I don't have any reason to doubt that the attendance reported was an accurate count of people present:

northwestern-v-nebraska-09a768c2579a81da

Well, per the OWH article by Sam in Feb. there were around 9,000 less scanned tickets for the NW game in comparison to the Wisconsin game, however both of the reported attendances were around 89,000.  So, I don't think the amount of non-ticketed attendance varies by 9,000.

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

If the Spring Game is used as a recruiting tool, I wonder what our recruiting rankings would be if fans didn't show up in droves like they have year after year.

I'd be surprised if it means anything as far as recruiting. This is it's true value:

14 minutes ago, Redux said:

I can't believe Mike Riley holds two of the top 5 most attended spring games as coach....

It doesn't really surprise me.  They tried to use it as a recruiting tool and it has become a "thing" to brag about attendance over the last several years among other schools.

Husker fans don't like to be beat in fandom contests.