For the first time in years

21 hours ago, I am I said:

For the first time in years, maybe since Martinez was under center with Helu behind him,  or perhaps Suh was on the line with Gomes and Prince backing him up I’m actually intrigued to to watch them play the game. 

The prognosticators have generally put the Cornhuskers at 4-6 wins. The last 3-5 years I’d generally agree with their assessments of how we should finish. The paper matched the product. 

I’m actually excited to see the changes, the new offense and defense this season. I’ll actually watch the games with interest, win or lose. I’m feeling like the team just needs to play; on paper we are predicted to lose. On the field, I feel like we have a shot. 

What has been brought in as “new” over the last several seasons made me wary and not excited that the team can win or compete on paper or the field. Finally, finally I feel like what’s on paper will be far exceeded by what’s on the field. 

A tangible gut feeling that makes me interested to see the product, not the paper. Finally. 

Anyone else ready? 

I had a dream Nebraska played Florida State for the national championship last night.  It was wild, I dreamed Rece Davis asking Coach Frost, "From 4-8 in 2017, to 15-0 conference and national champions in 2018...what was the key?"  And just as Coach Frost starts to answer, I woke up.  And it was one of those surreal dreams where, just for a second, I had to stop and say--was that real?  

Wishful thinking or omen of future events?  :dunno

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I had a dream Nebraska played Florida State for the national championship last night.  It was wild, I dreamed Rece Davis asking Coach Frost, "From 4-8 in 2017, to 15-0 conference and national champions in 2018...what was the key?"  And just as Coach Frost starts to answer, I woke up.  And it was one of those surreal dreams where, just for a second, I had to stop and say--was that real?  

Wishful thinking or omen of future events?  :dunno

It's better than the last dream I had about a football game, and i hope you have the gift of sight.  My dream was the night before the B1G Championship vs Wisconsin.  I dreamed that we got completely spanked in the game and when I woke up was so relieved that it was just a dream.  Then the game actually happened, and was far worse than the score in my dream.