** 2018 Opponent Previews: Illinois (Game 10) **

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Kinda speaks volumes about their situation.  At least there is finally a reason to slightly care about this meeting.

Unless he got better.

Although, IIRC, we heard he was playing well and then when he got out on the field in front of the fans he was awful. Maybe he had a bad day or maybe he is bad when there's pressure.

42 minutes ago, Redux said:

More so that a division foe is starting our 5th stringer over all their guys, just explains the 3-9 level expectations.

I read where at Iowa Western, he had like 3 TDs, 8 ints, 45%, and 602 or so yards in 10 games.  Some (~245ish) rushing yards/td's but not enough to make up for the lack of passing ability.  Given that, and lack of starting, lack of production at other stops, 3 might be generous.  (Don't quote me on exact numbers, going off memory.). Maybe he is just a very late bloomer.  I don't think someone becomes great overnight, though.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I read where at Iowa Western, he had like 3 TDs, 8 ints, 45%, and 602 or so yards in 10 games.  Some (~245ish) rushing yards/td's but not enough to make up for the lack of passing ability.  Given that, and lack of starting, lack of production at other stops, 3 might be generous.  (Don't quote me on exact numbers, going off memory.). Maybe he is just a very late bloomer.  I don't think someone becomes great overnight, though.

This would be accurate

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...