2018 CG Amir Harris [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/globetrotting-huskers-line-up-visit-with--foot-argentine-center/article_cdaf884a-560e-5021-acf6-5fe420b7f5f8.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

NU earlier this week offered Amir Harris, a 6-5, 190-pound point guard from Saint James School in Hagerstown, Maryland, rated a three-star by rivals.com.

He primarily had been recruited by non-power conference teams (Delaware, Boston, Drexel, James Madison). But interest in Harris has grown through his senior season.

The one-time commit to Rhode Island has been visited by Nebraska coach Tim Miles and has heard from Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, USC, Temple and Maryland. A Nebraska campus visit is likely from Harris in the next two weeks.

• Plus1 1

Really interesting in terms of size. Long arms and plays a bit wild. My concern is just in watching some of his tape, I could see him getting in to the Miles doghouse QUICK. 

Hard to tell how good of a shooter he is but he fits the slasher aspect. 

This would be a nice late git to replace Xavier.

Big question is what does the hiring Gates do with other prospects?

Wait and see but this would help the burn of losing Xavier.

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

Really interesting in terms of size. Long arms and plays a bit wild. My concern is just in watching some of his tape, I could see him getting in to the Miles doghouse QUICK. 

Hard to tell how good of a shooter he is but he fits the slasher aspect. 

This would be a nice late git to replace Xavier.

Big question is what does the hiring Gates do with other prospects?

Wait and see but this would help the burn of losing Xavier.

This is sort of a weird comparison but he reminds me of Evan Taylor physically. 

12 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

This is sort of a weird comparison but he reminds me of Evan Taylor physically. 

I didnt realize Evan was 6'5.... He is obviously a bit thicker than Amir, but that could come with age.

Amir reminds me of Roby in terms of body makeup and hopefully he can add muscle the way Roby has. Obviously two different positions/skill sets.

Amir seems a bit more wild compared to Evan but again that could be age/maturity.

4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I didnt realize Evan was 6'5.... He is obviously a bit thicker than Amir, but that could come with age.

Amir reminds me of Roby in terms of body makeup and hopefully he can add muscle the way Roby has. Obviously two different positions/skill sets.

Amir seems a bit more wild compared to Evan but again that could be age/maturity.

Yup. Here are some shots of Taylor at Samford: https://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4435