Which QB Should Be The Starter

Starting QB  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Branno said:

Enlighten me instead of bringing nothing to the conversation. 

I can understand some of your reasoning (like the desire to see him heal and play at full strength), but I think it's misguided to partially want this so he can be available for another four years. That's not something you can bank on in this age of college football.

The second problem is depth. There are three eligible QBs right now. They could probably get through a season with just two but you never know.

The third problem is your stance seems to largely go against Frost's culture and how he wants to run his program. If a player is healthy enough to play, cleared to play and talented enough to play, then Frost is going to play him.

• Plus1 2
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

While more of the starters may have been on the Red team, Chinander said there were defense was more balanced among the red & white teams than the offense (which top units were predominantly on the red team).

That is true, the white defense had some potential starters in the mix, but I'd still say Bunch was at a disadvantage working with a back-up line and a crew of walk-ons at wr.  All things considered I think he played pretty-well. 

• Plus1 1

B/R College Football's 2018 All-Spring Practice Team

QB: Adrian Martinez, Nebraska

Class: Freshman

Measureables: 6'2", 205 lbs.

Spring Highlights: The departure of Tanner Lee created an opening at quarterback, and early enrollee Adrian Martinez appears ready to snatch the job. During the spring game, he completed 10-of-13 passes for 114 yards and one touchdown. Additionally, he picked up 60 yards and three scores on the ground. Patrick O'Brien's decision to transfer further suggests Martinez will start in 2018.

Link

Holy stuff, at 1:18, did Wilbon get owned by Honas¿?! It's worse than I remember! Honas had 3 good plays right then in a row I think.

I'm rooting for Gebbia but. I was talking to a former player (rf in 97 so he's got the ring) at The Spring Game. He thinks its AM and Bell. 

1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Holy stuff, at 1:18, did Wilbon get owned by Honas¿?! It's worse than I remember! Honas had 3 good plays right then in a row I think.

I'm rooting for Gebbia but. I was talking to a former player (rf in 97 so he's got the ring) at The Spring Game. He thinks its AM and Bell. 

I just watched the spring game for first time.  I've always thought Wilbon had the talent to be really good but managed to create reasons not to see the field.  He's always given half effort blocking and in the spring game he appeared to try to stop before getting tackled.  I've concluded that Wilbon picked the wrong sport and since he graduated I wouldn't be upset if he moved on to free up a scholly.  Given how much the JUCO's performance stuck out, turning over the roster ASAP is probably the thing to do.  I think the former player was right, Martinez and Bell will be the starters.

49 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

What's even worse about this is the Defense he was up against only had a few starters in it...was mostly made up of 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Bunch and Vedral went up against the most starters of the QB's...(please keep in mind, I'm not the one saying this....it came out of Scott Frosts own mouth in an interview)

Gebbia had a pass tipped at the line, a pass breakup on a well placed outside throw, and had to throw it away once due to a bad snap. Two incompletions were throws behind open receivers. The first off a pump fake where he may have lost grip, the second is a quick throw to his right where he doesn't get his hips turned. He also had the under throw on the pass interference. 

Martinez had a higher completion rate, but several of those throws were high. In terms of accuracy, Gebbia had the best day of the entire  group. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Oh that makes it all better then...[Gebbia] had the best day going up against the 2's and 3's.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:40 PM, BlitzFirst said:

Tons of people are just pulling for POB to fail.  Really is despicable.  Been that way on this board since the season ended.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, BlitzFirst said:

POB's arm looks amazing.  Martinez will redshirt - the other guys look good enough to serve as backup.  Let martinez get his arm 100% this year and challenge POB next year.

Really starting to think you're POB's mom or dad.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All you haterz voting against my boy Bunch are gonna rue the day. RUE THE DAY, I say!

This is the least interesting position battle on the team, imo, because any of the guys can do the job. It's like going to the ice cream shoppe. 

43 minutes ago, brophog said:

This is the least interesting position battle on the team, imo, because any of the guys can do the job. It's like going to the ice cream shoppe. 

OTOH it's the most important position on the team which makes it the most interesting position battle on the team.

And we're jumping the gun saying they can all do it. We're only half a dozen months past an abyssmal season on defense.

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

OTOH it's the most important position on the team which makes it the most interesting position battle on the team.

Most important, yes, but not more important than the rest of the team combined. Yet, every time any team in football has a potential QB battle no other position even matters. The defensive tackle may not be the quarterback, but try playing without one. Too many key position battles to focus so much on just one. Who is the field goal kicker, we look shaky as hell there. The snaps and holds are a little shaky, too. This stuff wins football games. They deserve to be scrutinized by no lifers on the internet just like the glamour positions.

44 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And we're jumping the gun saying they can all do it.

I believe if named starter, any of the three eligible QBs could run this offense at a high level. Do you have reason to think otherwise?

• Plus1 1