Which QB Should Be The Starter

Starting QB  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

You always need multiple QBs just like most other positions on the team.   Heck, you need a good back up punter more seasons than not.

Since joining the Big Ten, Nebraska has had a non-starter kick 5 total punts, all due Sam Foltz's ankle injury against BYU in 2015. We didn't have a true backup punter then because such a thing is practically unheard of. No one wants to sit behind a guy whose almost never going to get injured.

• Plus1 3

37 minutes ago, brophog said:

Since joining the Big Ten, Nebraska has had a non-starter kick 5 total punts, all due Sam Foltz's ankle injury against BYU in 2015. We didn't have a true backup punter then because such a thing is practically unheard of. No one wants to sit behind a guy whose almost never going to get injured.

Thanks for checking on that. I was going to call BS on the need for a back up punter, but you did it for me. 

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thanks for checking on that. I was going to call BS on the need for a back up punter, but you did it for me. 

Kicker and punter injuries are so rare that in injury analysis they're often not included in the dataset as to not artificially skew the results.