WR Javian Hester [Missouri - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hester commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

41 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Hard to believe we can't sell some of these downfield outside threats on immediate playing time....the hard sell may be who is going to get them the ball...hope we get a couple of em..this guy could help us

I don't understand that comment, as our problem is getting playmakers.   I did not see most of the Iowa game, but matt Millan stated that ne wr were not getting open. 

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I don't understand that comment, as our problem is getting playmakers.   I did not see most of the Iowa game, but matt Millan stated that ne wr were not getting open. 

Our problem all year has been we REFUSE to throw downfield (minus the couple 40 yard bombs to JD where we didn't come close to hitting him in stride)...we rarely ever throw the ball farther than 5 yards downfield, in fact, we more often throw the ball about -2 yards downfield to all of our 5 foot 10 WRs..we have short, tiny WRs...thats not the issue...the issue is we don't have the 6 foot 4  215 lb receivers that it seems almost every other team has that can win jump balls on the edge downfield seemingly all game long. Thats what we don't have ..thats why the swing passes to our playmakers dont work...well that and blocking...when the team you are facing knows you are either gonna run it or do a swing pass and you have zero height to go up and get passes downfield you are a pretty damn easy team to defend unless you are committed solely to running and run block schemes... which we aren't at all. All you have to do is press us, stack the box, jump WR routes at the line of scrimmage and you've already beaten us.

5 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Our problem all year has been we REFUSE to throw downfield (minus the couple 40 yard bombs to JD where we didn't come close to hitting him in stride)...we rarely ever throw the ball farther than 5 yards downfield, in fact, we more often throw the ball about -2 yards downfield to all of our 5 foot 10 WRs..we have short, tiny WRs...thats not the issue...the issue is we don't have the 6 foot 4  215 lb receivers that it seems almost every other team has that can win jump balls on the edge downfield seemingly all game long. Thats what we don't have ..thats why the swing passes to our playmakers dont work...well that and blocking...when the team you are facing knows you are either gonna run it or do a swing pass and you have zero height to go up and get passes downfield you are a pretty damn easy team to defend unless you are committed solely to running and run block schemes... which we aren't at all. All you have to do is press us, stack the box, jump WR routes at the line of scrimmage and you've already beaten us.

Wow, you do not know much about football.  We've never had time to pass deep due to the line and lack of speed.  No playmakers and a line that had very few downs together.  When there is a deficiency or lack of depth, a coach will go to jucos.  Our line improved as the year went on and frost has gone the juco route for yes wr.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Aliens05 said:

:facepalm: please go back to your planet

52 minutes ago, GSG said:

:facepalm: please go back to your planet

I cant... they sent me here from zeta reticuli to observe the human race, but I got distracted with college football..so sorry in advance.

In relation to my post what part of it wasn't accurate, what part wasn't what we did all year long? Tell me why Indiana, Purdue Iowa can throw deep on us Every other play and be wide open 15-20 yards downfield, yet when do we EVER do that? It isn't part of offense to throw downfield ?...ok...well that makes us pretty easy to beat then since we don't have Jonathan Taylor and Wisconsins O line to run block..

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wow, you do not know much about football.  We've never had time to pass deep due to the line and lack of speed.  No playmakers and a line that had very few downs together.  When there is a deficiency or lack of depth, a coach will go to jucos.  Our line improved as the year went on and frost has gone the juco route for yes wr.

The passing game didn’t really improve with it though. 

I actually agree with Alien to an extent. The swing passes are horrid and that’s apparently a staple of this offense. Frost either needs to commit to a running first QB and pound the rock 65-70% of the time or learn to take more down field shots, use TE’s, and implement more crossing routes. We rarely go after the other teams LBs in coverage. 

4 hours ago, Aliens05 said:

The offense is predicated on throwing those key screens. That way you can call a run play and tag a perimeter screen.  If you have a number advantage on the outside you throw it now, and those throws are an extension of the run game.  If not you can go through the triple option of reading a surface level defender, or a LB to determine run or pass.  If you can’t run those screens then it will be really hard to run the football.  Teams can leave the perimeter vacated and stack the box.  The screens are there, we just need to get better at blocking it. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Aliens05 said:

I cant... they sent me here from zeta reticuli to observe the human race, but I got distracted with college football..so sorry in advance.

In relation to my post what part of it wasn't accurate, what part wasn't what we did all year long? Tell me why Indiana, Purdue Iowa can throw deep on us Every other play and be wide open 15-20 yards downfield, yet when do we EVER do that? It isn't part of offense to throw downfield ?...ok...well that makes us pretty easy to beat then since we don't have Jonathan Taylor and Wisconsins O line to run block..

There was definitely something off.  And we didn't take as many shots as I thought we should.

But's it's fairly exaggerated to claim we never did it.  You're overstating the facts.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The passing game didn’t really improve with it though. 

I actually agree with Alien to an extent. The swing passes are horrid and that’s apparently a staple of this offense. Frost either needs to commit to a running first QB and pound the rock 65-70% of the time or learn to take more down field shots, use TE’s, and implement more crossing routes. We rarely go after the other teams LBs in coverage. 

We have had no consistent passing game all year.  Spielman gets double teamed and no other wr or te can get open.  If you listen to the announcers against Iowa, they kept saying that.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Javian Hester [Missouri - Signed LOI]