New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It took us forever to get to our seats because, as is normal in the Spring Game when people are sitting in seats/locations they're unfamiliar with, there was a lot of confused people standing around in the aisles & stairways. 

So we had just gotten to our seats when the Tunnel Walk started. And frankly, I didn't even know that's what they were doing.  I don't like that song much, and I didn't like that version of it much, so it had much less of an impact on me than usual. 

Having said that, it's been 20+ years of Sirius.  We should figure something else out.

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It took us forever to get to our seats because, as is normal in the Spring Game when people are sitting in seats/locations they're unfamiliar with, there was a lot of confused people standing around in the aisles & stairways. 

So we had just gotten to our seats when the Tunnel Walk started. And frankly, I didn't even know that's what they were doing.  I don't like that song much, and I didn't like that version of it much, so it had much less of an impact on me than usual. 

Having said that, it's been 20+ years of Sirius.  We should figure something else out.

Yeah, I was in my seat and I still didn't realize that was the Tunnel Walk for a bit.

I didn't mind that song but it wasn't my favorite.  I'm sure I know why they went with that one but I'd like to try something different for the season.  Kind of the same boat with being OK moving on from Sirius.

My first choice would be Enter Sandman but since that's fairly well known that Virginia Tech uses that I'm not sure how that would go over.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I was in my seat and I still didn't realize that was the Tunnel Walk for a bit.

I didn't mind that song but it wasn't my favorite.  I'm sure I know why they went with that one but I'd like to try something different for the season.  Kind of the same boat with being OK moving on from Sirius.

My first choice would be Enter Sandman but since that's fairly well known that Virginia Tech uses that I'm not sure how that would go over.

What did you think of the music playing throughout the game?  I didn't mind it, but it seemed like the music made the PA cut out. 

I don't know if I would read much into it.  Frost has been talking about bringing unity to the team and that he wants everyone on the same page since he was hired.  I think the song was just part of that message.  I bet we stick with Sirius.

• Plus1 2
Just now, ScottyIce said:

They obviously only did that because it's the Spring Game, right? NCAA won't allow that.

Yes, and most definitely on the bold. It was just a practice, so they were having fun.

I thought most of the music they had playing was pretty bad, though.  Not sure if they had to select remakes & B sides because the rights are cheaper, but it was hard to ignore the music because I kept noticing the unusual versions.

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What did you think of the music playing throughout the game?  I didn't mind it, but it seemed like the music made the PA cut out. 

Yeah, I thought that was a little odd but I assume they were just doing it more like a practice than a game.  Didn't feel as much like a game, IMO, but perhaps that was the point.

I wasn't sure if it was the music or the weather that was causing the PA issues.  Neither should so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes, and most definitely on the bold. It was just a practice, so they were having fun.

I thought most of the music they had playing was pretty bad, though.  Not sure if they had to select remakes & B sides because the rights are cheaper, but it was hard to ignore the music because I kept noticing the unusual versions.

I also thought it was kind of an odd selection of music, especially since that doesn't sound like what has usually been playing at practice.

13 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I don't know if I would read much into it.  Frost has been talking about bringing unity to the team and that he wants everyone on the same page since he was hired.  I think the song was just part of that message.  I bet we stick with Sirius.

I think Sirius will be for actual games and will probably have a new song every year for the spring game that matches that years message.

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, LSLHusker said:

My vote is for AC/DC Thunderstruck and have the crowd yell Huskers instead of thunder.  Sirius has gotten stale, IMO

NDSU does this, and is almost a complete replication of our tunnel walk.  I could not live with the Bison fans if we did this.  PLEASE BABY JESUS NO!

• Plus1 2