New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

It took us forever to get to our seats because, as is normal in the Spring Game when people are sitting in seats/locations they're unfamiliar with, there was a lot of confused people standing around in the aisles & stairways. 

So we had just gotten to our seats when the Tunnel Walk started. And frankly, I didn't even know that's what they were doing.  I don't like that song much, and I didn't like that version of it much, so it had much less of an impact on me than usual. 

Having said that, it's been 20+ years of Sirius.  We should figure something else out.

Why?  Why is change always good?  Using Sirius is now part of our identity.  When you hear that song, like it or not, what is the first thing you think of? Exactly.  Confess!  We all think of the Huskers coming out of the Tunnel.  And there is nothing wrong with that!  I'm just opposed to change for change sake.  Look at the vote on this poll.  People simply like that song and relate it to the Tunnel Walk.  There's no shame in that and frankly no reason to change. (Don't throw stuff at me too hard!)

• Plus1 2
Just now, ladyhawke said:

Why?  Why is change always good?  Using Sirius is now part of our identity.  When you hear that song, like it or not, what is the first thing you think of? Exactly.  Confess!  We all think of the Huskers coming out of the Tunnel.  And there is nothing wrong with that!  I'm just opposed to change for change sake.  Look at the vote on this poll.  People simply like that song and relate it to the Tunnel Walk.  There's no shame in that and frankly no reason to change. (Don't throw stuff at me too hard!)

The 1990s Bulls, who used it as an intro song before the Huskers.

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, Fru said:

My favorite Tunnel Walk ever. 

My favorite (and I really wish I could find a clip of it) was a Kansas State game when we were really good and they thought they were really good.  The screen went black....the first thing you see was Dorothy and toto....."I don't think we are in Kansas anymore...Toto"  start the music.........the crowd went nuts.

We kicked their ass.

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think a lot of people know it. Certainly anyone who was an NBA fan in the 1990s knew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_(instrumental)

But how many husker fans knew this?  Maybe a few if they were also Bulls 1990's fans but otherwise Sirius seems to be synonymous with the Tunnel Walk.  When I watched the intro to the Spring Game and the players & coaches came out I thought, 'Where is the Tunnel Walk Song?  Where is Sirius?"  I was very disappointed.  It just didn't seem like a Nebraska game/event to me.  Maybe a better question is this:  How do you feel when you hear the song Sirius?  I love Alan Parsons so I have some of his other music, but when I hear that song I immediately think of the Huskers and it just gives me goosebumps!  It's exciting because my expectation is of the guys running out of the tunnel.  Now, that could be because that's the only song I've ever heard when the players come out.  When they play something different it just falls flat for me.  If they do change the song, it's going to take a long time for it to catch on.  I think if they ran a poll today and could do it nation wide, most Nebraska fans would choose Sirius as the Tunnel Walk song.  i could be totally wrong but like I said before, it is part of the Husker experience and has been for a very long time.  It causes an emotional reaction in most Husker fans and I think that is why it will be so hard to change.  I'm sure eventually there will be another song but I doubt it will be for a very long time.  That's just my opinion. (Thanks for the discussion Knap, I appreciate it and the freedom to share my opinion and have it respected.  I've always appreciated that about you.)

• Plus1 2