New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

I heard other bands joke about them, but I had no idea Fallout Boy sounded so much like one of those sucky boy bands..

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Day by Day said:

Dang...you beat me to it!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Meh that’s your opinion and one I don’t share . The purpose of the tunnel walk song is to pump players and fans up . It needs a good bass beat,  and a good guitar /vocal hook . The “light em up, im on fire” part of that fallout boy song I posted gets people pumped up everywhere I’ve heard it . You might like that chevelle song,  ( I didn’t )  but I just  don’t see it having that effect on most people . 

Sorry if I dissed your band...I miss having buddies around so we can make fun of each others' horid taste in music and/or wimmen...My second favourite Marine likes boy bands and I usually tell him his Backstreet Boyz to Men was really Michael Jackson's delivery service...I didn't mean to post the Red Song by Chevelle..I'd just heard it on the commute home and after looking up the lyrics, intended to post my favourite Workout/ widow maker heart attack inducing song called ''Bonecrusher''...But it might be too intense for the ''tamed down'' Football that we're being forced to accept to save players lives and probably the sport itself.   Sirius was way over played by the Lincoln stations when I was at UNL. but it did bring back mixed memories to me personally when it was used for our tunnel walk...We've seemed to fall into the trap of keeping it too long making some feel it borders on ''tradition'' status, so I would prefer we use different songs based more on who our opponent is that week..like Rockin' Dopsie's version of ''Hold On Dat Tiger'' if we ever play Clemson, Missouri, or Auburn again ..

The song I'd love for us to use for pumping up my fellow Bluehairs ? 

Feel free to shoot this one down...

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm also not particularly interested in the football team's input in this case. The stadium music is for the spectators.

10 hours ago, Toe said:

@The Dude Yeah, they should probably just give the players earplugs to wear during the Tunnel Walk. Why would they need any music to get them pumped? :dunno

Why would ANYONE need to have any help getting pumped up before keekoff?

If the Players have as bad a taste in music as almost every highlight tape would suggest...I'm not sure they should be trusted with dressing themselves...Now get off my lawn!!!

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Why would ANYONE need to have any help getting pumped up before keekoff?

Good question, why do we even HAVE this Tunnel Walk thing, anyway?! :dunno

• Plus1 1
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, TonyStalloni said:

Since I don't see a "sarcasm" sign, I hope you aren't serious. I don't object to something with a good beat and high energy that can get a crowd energized. Since the OWH article wouldn't open for me can I assume you are talking about Drowning Pool "Bodies"?  If you are the designated person to pick up "Aunt Mary" at the nursing home to meet the rest of the family at the restaurant are you going to play "Bodies" or anything similar and tell her if she doesn't like it she can take out her hearing aid?

My Aunt Mary would've LOVED That song.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

That version of Come Together needs to be put on the shelf for good.

Sirius
Can you feel It?
Thunderstruck
or Ecstacy of Gold are a hundred times better.

Wasn't that Feel it song considered Michael Jackson's nod to Catholic Priests?

AC/DC were fun to listen to once. But their one song (you pick any) got way overplayed. 

On 4/23/2018 at 2:55 PM, BigRedBuster said:

My favorite (and I really wish I could find a clip of it) was a Kansas State game when we were really good and they thought they were really good.  The screen went black....the first thing you see was Dorothy and toto....."I don't think we are in Kansas anymore...Toto"  start the music.........the crowd went nuts.

We kicked their ass.

Was it KState?  This was Kstate 09.

• Plus1 2

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

Kick Start my Heart by the Crue 

I guess I'm getting so ancient I had to look this one up..  Wasn't there a reality show with a drummer from one of those Glam Rock bands trying to make our marching band a couple of decades ago?  

3 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I guess I'm getting so ancient I had to look this one up..  Wasn't there a reality show with a drummer from one of those Glam Rock bands trying to make our marching band a couple of decades ago?  

yes, tommy lee.

now just dont google which band he was in.

13 minutes ago, desertshox said:

yes, tommy lee.

now just dont google which band he was in.

Already watching it..  lol..  I guess this was around the time I moved out here (AZ) and pretty much stopped listening to POP music...Started seeking out more Blues music and eventually felt Rock was saved by Grunge..(Which I still seem to be stuck in)..

Been listening to a live version of eye in the sky over and over again. 

Would love to see before the Tunnel Walk, Scott Frost running into the End Zone of the 1998 Orange Bowl, and houlding up the #1 sign. 

Then Show Tom Osborne asking keep it going. 

As this live version begins, show Scott Frost in Nebraska Coaching gear.  

Then the Tunnel Walk begins. 

something about the live audio version in this really gives me goosebumps. 

20 years in the making.  Welcome Home Scott Frost, and time to get back to domination. 

• Plus1 2