Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Hey remember the disinformation that nobody's voting rights were being infringed upon?  

I certainly don't want to see anyone's legal vote suppressed or discounted.

But the statistics are misleading when you consider that the population of El Paso is roughly 82% Hispanic.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I certainly don't want to see anyone's legal vote suppressed or discounted.

But the statistics are misleading when you consider that the population of El Paso is roughly 82% Hispanic.

El Paso County had 20 rejected Democratic mail-in ballots for each rejected Republican vote, according to data Wise provided.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess what your saying is Republicans know how to follow directions better??

You misspelled "how to suppress votes better"

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/23/new-research-on-voters-theyre-not-the-sharpest-tools-in-the-box/

Low levels of cognitive sophistication may lead people to embrace simple cognitive shortcuts, like stereotypes and prejudices that were amplified by the Trump campaign.

Additionally, the simple linguistic style presented by Trump may have appealed to voters with limited education and cognitive sophistication. Beginning with [T.W.] Adorno's classic study of the authoritarian personality, empirical works have linked low levels of cognitive sophistication with right-wing orientations

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess what your saying is Republicans know how to follow directions better??

after watching the repubicans during the mask and vaccine mandates i concluded they had no frikken idea how to follow instructions nor any inclination to follow them.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 4 weeks later...