Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

49 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Well, that's low hanging fruit. 

My point is that I personally, and many others, have not had a candidate I could get behind for the past 2 Preidential elections. And we see what the Congressional candidate pool looks like...I think it is because of the apathy I linked in the tweet.

I agree with you in that the final candidates weren't that desirable. 

I was a Pete Buttigieg supporter, and still think he'd be a dynamic candidate. However, he simply doesn't have the support necessary to win among Black voters. The coalition of Democrats necessitates a boring, mediocre Joe Biden candidate. 

Republicans typically reward whoever is willing to be the craziest. They found a person in Trump with no shame, sense of decency, and who's lack of intellect allowed him to stumble into power.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1 hour ago, nic said:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23584107-spia-poll

Poll from Georgia on the last election. Doesn’t sound like Jim Crow 2.0 results.

Blacks:

problem with voting: 0.5%

felt safe while voting: 99+%

excellent,good,fair voting experience: 99+%

Blacks who participated in early voting or absentee ballot: over 77% (more than whites in the poll)

And there was a massive effort to make that happen. 

fwiw.....Jim Crow never went away in Georgia. This is more a Blue Georgia 1.0 kinda thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And there was a massive effort to make that happen

There is kinda a massive effort EVERY election cycle to get people to the polls…white, black, Asian, Hispanic etc…it’s why billions of of dollars are spent each cycle.  The Jim Crow 2.0 cult is finding it harder and harder to justify their wrong thinking.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

There is kinda a massive effort EVERY election cycle to get people to the polls…white, black, Asian, Hispanic etc…it’s why billions of of dollars are spent each cycle.  The Jim Crow 2.0 cult is finding it harder and harder to justify their wrong thinking.  

By one party….yes. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

When Georgia turned purple, the effort increased exponentially. On both sides. But one side was more in line with American Democracy.

I think you and Nic know this, right?