Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When Georgia turned purple, the effort increased exponentially. On both sides. But one side was more in line with American Democracy.

I think you and Nic know this, right?

So we are all in agreement that the Dem lie of Jim Crow 2.0 is a farce 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When Georgia turned purple, the effort increased exponentially. On both sides. But one side was more in line with American Democracy.

I think you and Nic know this, right?

My point to the post is that the new Georgia laws were and are fine. Texas tried to slip in some bad and nonsensical provisions to their law that I think were eliminated, but I never had a problem with Georgia’s laws. The complaints that came out from Dems including the president calling them Jim Crow 2.0 just didn’t hold up. It was just politics as usual. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is something that needs to be addressed.  It was 10 years ago (?) maybe and then was silently overturned during the next Congressional session.    I think AOC has mentioned or brought up legislation to address it within the last year, but Pelosi wanted nothing to do with it.

• Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not the direction America should want this to be going.

It's not like anybody needed another example of the Republican's authoritarian intentions but if they did, there it is.  

"It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes"

• TBH 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...