Govt & Election Reform Mega Thread

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Same feeling.  But when he continues the narrative - it just shows how he is a butt kisser.  Previously to Trump and now to the crazy voters who believe the lies. 

The thing that is so frustrating is that he doesn't have to pander to the wacko base of the Republican party.  He's not in office and he's not running for anything.  

Surely he's not planning to run in 2024.

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The thing that is so frustrating is that he doesn't have to pander to the wacko base of the Republican party.  He's not in office and he's not running for anything.  

Surely he's not planning to run in 2024.

Want to bet a beer on it :cheers    I think most politicians at that level overestimate their value and their desirability to the electorate Vs underestimating it.  I think Pence falls into that trap.  He was a faithful servant of Trump, he violated his own personal code of ethics to run wt the guy after the Access Hollywood tapes, he's stood by him after every cringe worthy Trump speech - why?? To take the next step.  I don't think he backs down now.  You don't sell your soul to the devil without demanding what was promised.   I think he will paint himself as the loyal Trump soldier who also had the back bone to make a tough decision to certify the election - thus doing the proverbial political fence straddling .  

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Want to bet a beer on it :cheers    I think most politicians at that level overestimate their value and their desirability to the electorate Vs underestimating it.  I think Pence falls into that trap.  He was a faithful servant of Trump, he violated his own personal code of ethics to run wt the guy after the Access Hollywood tapes, he's stood by him after every cringe worthy Trump speech - why?? To take the next step.  I don't think he backs down now.  You don't sell your soul to the devil without demanding what was promised.   I think he will paint himself as the loyal Trump soldier who also had the back bone to make a tough decision to certify the election - thus doing the proverbial political fence straddling .  

I think he runs but finds out relatively quickly in the primary season that he won’t win.  

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do you see a problem with this when it’s done via gerrymandering?

Yes and I said bummer.  Would rather have the takeover happen through legitimate elections and legitimate districting.  

Let’s not kid ourselves though.  Democrats would do the same if they were in charge. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes and I said bummer.  Would rather have the takeover happen through legitimate elections and legitimate districting.  

Let’s not kid ourselves though.  Democrats would do the same if they were in charge. 

Ok....I didn’t know if your “bummer” was sarcastic or not. 

Democrats have gerrymandered before. However, Democrats are pushing a bill through that would help eliminate gerrymandering.  Will Republicans support it?   Will you support it?

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok....I didn’t know if your “bummer” was sarcastic or not. 

Democrats have gerrymandered before. However, Democrats are pushing a bill through that would help eliminate gerrymandering.  Will Republicans support it?   Will you support it?

Honestly I haven’t seen the bill or heard about it.  The Devil is always in the details so I will say I currently do not support something I don’t know anything about.

• Plus1 1