DT Aidan Keanaaina [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Keanaaina commit?

• Nebraska
    • UCLA
    • Oregon
    • Notre Dame
    • Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe we can - a lot of guys wearing NU coats during the winter and i would be surprised that they were purchased.  I don't have exact names but many cases where the kids didn't come here and it would seem odd to drop a couple bills on a nice red jacket for kids headed elsewhere.

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I believe we can - a lot of guys wearing NU coats during the winter and i would be surprised that they were purchased.  I don't have exact names but many cases where the kids didn't come here and it would seem odd to drop a couple bills on a nice red jacket for kids headed elsewhere.

Some of them use it as a fashionable thing, though. Like Elijah Blades' amazing starter windbreaker. 

The University is allowed to give the visitors and their families gear to wear while they are here - this is to be a temporary loan. The visitor and their family are to give the gear back at the end of the visit, and the coaches are supposed to ask for it back. 

It is an industry standard that most D1 college coaches are extremely forgetful people... 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

The University is allowed to give the visitors and their families gear to wear while they are here - this is to be a temporary loan. The visitor and their family are to give the gear back at the end of the visit, and the coaches are supposed to ask for it back. 

It is an industry standard that most D1 college coaches are extremely forgetful people... 

I dont remeber that request haha.  You come in, they give you a gift bag which was given by their sponsors(diadora in my case) and you leave with it.  It was a shirt some slacks and a pair of boots(cleats for you not footy fans).  I believe as long as you didnt give it specifically to a player and its not over a certain amount(free as a sponsored recruit) it is ok.  I cannot say the amount as i do not know but a simple shirt and jeans shoes are ok by the NCAA standards, this was 1995 mind you.

3 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I dont remeber that request haha.  You come in, they give you a gift bag which was given by their sponsors(diadora in my case) and you leave with it.  It was a shirt some slacks and a pair of boots(cleats for you not footy fans).  I believe as long as you didnt give it specifically to a player and its not over a certain amount(free as a sponsored recruit) it is ok.  I cannot say the amount as i do not know but a simple shirt and jeans shoes are ok by the NCAA standards, this was 1995 mind you.

This is just what friends who work in Admissions and are responsible for serving as "family campus hosts" on official visits tell me the rules are. If they explicitly ask you if they are allowed to keep it, the answer is a no and a wink. 

Best practice - don't bring it up. 

8 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

This is just what friends who work in Admissions and are responsible for serving as "family campus hosts" on official visits tell me the rules are. If they explicitly ask you if they are allowed to keep it, the answer is a no and a wink. 

Best practice - don't bring it up. 

That sounds about right, coaches dont know about it, they just assume and leave it be.

• Mavric changed the title to DT Aidan Keanaaina [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]