Nebraska Lands Dachon Burke- Robert Morris Transfer

36 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

For Tim its about getting talent here for more than 1 yr.  If Palmer & Copeland come back, it allows another year before we have to lean on the younger players.

If I am Tim I look at it differently right now.

I am only worried about making the dance next year...do that and he buys himself an extension...don't do that and he is gone.  I personally would not have worried about a transfer (from a horrible conference) that can't do anything for me next season.  Because frankly, there is no more building if they don't make the dance next year.

• Plus1 1

As for Burke, he will sit out 2018-19 as a transfer then have two years of eligibility. He picked NU over Marquette, Pittsburgh and St. John’s.

With perimeter scorers such as James Palmer and Glynn Watson set to leave Nebraska in a year, Burke liked the plan laid out for him by Miles and assistant Michael Lewis.

“Michael did a good job of getting in early,” Miles said. “When doing my research, I was really impressed by his numbers. Then watching him play, I really liked his game.

“We were able to get a home visit to Orange, New Jersey. The whole family was there and we showed them our game plan on how we have handled that redshirt year with our other successful transfers.”

Soon after the home visit, Burke and his mother and uncle visited Lincoln and “loved it.”

“It was really big to get his commitment,” Miles said. “When you’re getting ready to lose guys like Glynn and James, you need somebody who isn’t a true freshman and has had to make tough baskets in big-time environments.”

Miles said Burke is comfortable on the perimeter with ball in hand or working off screens to slash to the basket or set up jumpers. He was a candidate for his league’s defensive player of the year award, too, after leading the NEC in steals at 2.1 a game.

“He needs to shoot the 3 better,” Miles said. “But he’s really quick and rebounds like crazy. He is very, very quick to the ball and smart.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/tim-miles-likes-transfer-dachon-burke-s-quickness-basketball-iq/article_cb315c5b-52ba-5c55-a8ad-59b2a239ade5.html

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

As for Burke, he will sit out 2018-19 as a transfer then have two years of eligibility. He picked NU over Marquette, Pittsburgh and St. John’s.

With perimeter scorers such as James Palmer and Glynn Watson set to leave Nebraska in a year, Burke liked the plan laid out for him by Miles and assistant Michael Lewis.

“Michael did a good job of getting in early,” Miles said. “When doing my research, I was really impressed by his numbers. Then watching him play, I really liked his game.

“We were able to get a home visit to Orange, New Jersey. The whole family was there and we showed them our game plan on how we have handled that redshirt year with our other successful transfers.”

Soon after the home visit, Burke and his mother and uncle visited Lincoln and “loved it.”

“It was really big to get his commitment,” Miles said. “When you’re getting ready to lose guys like Glynn and James, you need somebody who isn’t a true freshman and has had to make tough baskets in big-time environments.”

Miles said Burke is comfortable on the perimeter with ball in hand or working off screens to slash to the basket or set up jumpers. He was a candidate for his league’s defensive player of the year award, too, after leading the NEC in steals at 2.1 a game.

“He needs to shoot the 3 better,” Miles said. “But he’s really quick and rebounds like crazy. He is very, very quick to the ball and smart.”

:)

• 5 months later...