2019 F Akol Arop [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

"It could be possibly good. I've heard a lot about Fred Hoiberg over the past couple weeks. He did a really good job at Iowa State and then got a coaching job with the Chicago Bulls, and that's really big. The one thing that kind of scares me is I've heard he's known for bringing in transfers and JUCO kids, and I don't know what he thinks about four-year kids. I'm going to wait until I can sit down and talk with him, and I'm just going to tell him where Miles and Coach Lewis had me at for a position and who I am as a person. I think that's going to be important for him to know and for me to get him better."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/recruits-react-to-nebraska-naming-hoiberg-new-head-coach

• Plus1 3

On 4/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/i-m-still-all-in-husker-signee-akol-arop-reaffirms/article_9ef5b07f-d36b-567e-adaa-d78ea83d37d3.html

Akol Arop is fully committed to Nebraska and new Husker coach Fred Hoiberg.

On Thursday evening, Hoiberg, new NU assistant Matt Abdelmassih and Armon Gates, a member of Tim Miles’ staff, had an in-home visit with the 6-foot-6 forward from Omaha Creighton Prep.

“I’m still all-in and looking forward to going to Nebraska and (Hoiberg) being my coach,” Arop said after Hoiberg’s visit. “He was all-in for me and my faith and how it was important to me to go to church every Sunday.”

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:12 AM, Mavric said:

I've seen a couple reports in the last few weeks that he's quite a bit farther behind than the new staff anticipated.

Probably looking at a redshirt year. And might need to get it put together quickly to not get passed up.

disappointing but truthfully not that surprising