2019 F Akol Arop [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Miles also plans to visit Omaha Creighton Prep to see 2019 forward Akol Arop, who has plans for an official visit to Nebraska the weekend of Sept. 28. Arop will also visit Drake this weekend and UNO on Oct. 5. All three schools have offered the 6-foot-5 forward. UNO coach Derrin Hansen and assistant Tyler Erwin also plan to visit Arop on Tuesday.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-s-tim-miles-among-coaches-making-rounds-in-omaha/article_a6a47175-15ef-51e2-a4ac-22bf9cbc8d22.html?utm_source=latest

OV to NU September 28

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to 2019 F Akol Arop [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

Word is it came down between UNO and Nebraska; he wanted a Creighton offer very badly, but Creighton wanted him to go to prep school for a year. 

If anything, it helps Nebraska build inroads into Omaha; they'll need it for Chucky Hepburn in a couple years. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Reading an article it stated Nebraska is on pace to land the top in-state recruit 3 years in a row. 

2018-Heiman

2019- Arop

2020- Donovan Williams

I agree this is a nice addition for Omaha ties. 1 spot left for 2019 class and I think it is vital we hit big. We are all in this year and then basically lose it all and hit reset into 2019.

Make it 4 for 4 and get Chucky Hepburn. 

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Reading an article it stated Nebraska is on pace to land the top in-state recruit 3 years in a row. 

2018-Heiman

2019- Arop

2020- Donovan Williams

I agree this is a nice addition for Omaha ties. 1 spot left for 2019 class and I think it is vital we hit big. We are all in this year and then basically lose it all and hit reset into 2019.

38 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Make it 4 for 4 and get Chucky Hepburn. 

I think this is a good way to build the roster as long as these guys are good players.  If we are going to suck, I would rather do it with a roster of Nebraska guys who have pride in the school and state other than just a place to play.  You obviously still need to go get the best players you can from out of state and not just Nebraska kids.  But, don't allow a Nebraska kid to go play for another Div 1 school.

• Mavric changed the title to 2019 F Akol Arop [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic