Ben Miles....

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Good for both parties.

Yeah, I wish him the best.  

Damn I miss the days when we had a tough-as-nails fullback.  It saddens me to think that if Jano was a HS senior right now we wouldn't have a place for him.  

• Plus1 1

Just didn’t work out.  Best of luck.  I think this might b some of Frost meeting each player individually and giving them an honest assessment of where Frost and Co see them at....  Truly best for all parties involved.  Hope h3 and POB, can start somewhere immediately as their skills don’t fit the scheme.  

17 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I don’t think I caught the entire exchange on 1620 this morning with S&B, but what’s the word on Domann? 

Do you happen to know which segment? 

I had high hopes for Domann. I just don't see how he could recover and make a push in the program now. 

He would have been wasted under Riley anyway unless he excelled at pass protection. It’s actually a good thing for Ben that Frost was hired rather then be strung along for a few more years. Good luck to him and I’m sure he’ll find a good home.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Do you happen to know which segment? 

I had high hopes for Domann. I just don't see how he could recover and make a push in the program now. 

Yuck. I found out. Segment 5 “In Line For Ice” on May 2, approximately 22:45 into the segment. DB claims he isn’t playing in 2018. That’s really too bad.

(My comment doesn’t belong in this thread. I initially thought it may have been an attrition comment because a caller did ask about Ben Miles’ role this morning, but it sounded like just a health issue for Domann)

2 hours ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I wish him the best.  

Damn I miss the days when we had a tough-as-nails fullback.  It saddens me to think that if Jano was a HS senior right now we wouldn't have a place for him.  

There is still that physicality in this offense, it just comes from the TE position. The FB is increasingly rare across all levels of football in part because it is a fairly specialized position in a game that is becoming positionless.

This offense is an amazing TE offense. They play inline, slot, wide, h-back, and probably some things we don't even have names for.  Getting so much out of the TE position is just another layer of things you have to somehow account for with this offense.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, brophog said:

There is still that physicality in this offense, it just comes from the TE position. The FB is increasingly rare across all levels of football in part because it is a fairly specialized position in a game that is becoming positionless.

This offense is an amazing TE offense. They play inline, slot, wide, h-back, and probably some things we don't even have names for.  Getting so much out of the TE position is just another layer of things you have to somehow account for with this offense.

Yeah, and I probly exaggerate about recruiting a guy like Andy Janovich.  If a Jano-like player came along now in Nebraska high school football I'm guessing the current staff would find a place for him.  Heck, Jano was mostly a special teams demon his first couple of years at NU, IIRC.   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NUance said:

Yeah, and I probly exaggerate about recruiting a guy like Andy Janovich.  If a Jano-like player came along now in Nebraska high school football I'm guessing the current staff would find a place for him.  Heck, Jano was mostly a special teams demon his first couple of years at NU, IIRC.   

They'd most likely be at linebacker; can you imagine Janovich blitzing through the A gap untouched? 

• Plus1 1