OLB Cody Simon [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Simon commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Snowbird said:

Lot of time before December. Simon is more of a MLB in my opinion anyways. Still a big loss 

We need any LB type recruit right now.   I browsed ILB and OLB composite rankings and I only see a couple who are even a bit interested,  both inside.   Need a good year on defense and overall to get these kids coming. 

1 hour ago, Treand3 said:

Not sure how much they have him but that's just me.

You think Minny does?

53 minutes ago, runningblind said:

We need any LB type recruit right now.   I browsed ILB and OLB composite rankings and I only see a couple who are even a bit interested,  both inside.   Need a good year on defense and overall to get these kids coming. 

You think Minny does?

Maybe but don't think Wisconsin is a foregone conclusion.

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

I wouldn't base concern on the interest levels on those lists (but yes there are other reasons for concern). Just throwing numbers out but if they offered 6 ILB, they're not all commitable. But if one falls off the board then a different guy will receive a committable offer. That guy might not have shown a lot of interest simply because he knew he didn't have a commitable offer yet.

I could also be full of crap - maybe everyone on those lists you're looking at that aren't interested have commitable offers from Nebraska. I don't really know how they keep track of that or if they do. Seems like a non commitable offer would be the coach saying "We're interested in you but we're not sure if there will be room."

Looking like we are going to have to pull in some 3 stars and JUCO's to fill the holes for at least this recruiting cycle (hope I'm wrong).  We beat OSU and win the West (maybe the Big10) and more of these recruiting battles will start falling our way.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Looking like we are going to have to pull in some 3 stars and JUCO's to fill the holes for at least this recruiting cycle (hope I'm wrong).  We beat OSU and win the West (maybe the Big10) and more of these recruiting battles will start falling our way.  

Not sure why the eye roll. This is a good take. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Not sure why the eye roll. This is a good take. 

Eh, yes and no.  

Considering we always have some JUCOs and 3-stars in every class, it is basically guaranteed to be true.

But considering it's in the thread for one guy that we missed out on in June, it has a pretty defeatist attitude to it.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, yes and no.  

Considering we always have some JUCOs and 3-stars in every class, it is basically guaranteed to be true.

But considering it's in the thread for one guy that we missed out on in June, it has a pretty defeatist attitude to it.

And the fact we pulled two 4-star ILB's last class while going 4-8. They held offers from Bama, LSU, UF, PSU, Oregon, ND, etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Cody Simon [Ohio State - Signed LOI]